В Древнем Египте, Греции и Риме существовали колейные дороги, предназначавшиеся для перевозки по ним тяжелых грузов. Устроены они были следующим образ...полностью>>
И.Г. Захаров, доктор технических наук, профессор, контр-адмирал; В.В.Емельянов, кандидат технических наук, капитан 1 ранга; В.П. Щеголихин, доктор тех...полностью>>
После принятия на вооружение авиации 82-мм реактивных снарядов класса "воздух-воздух" РС-82 (1937 год) и 132-мм реактивных снарядов класса "воздух-зем...полностью>>
- Writing about recorded history should be a relatively easy task to accomplish. Recorded history is based on facts. Regardless of what time period one may write about, one will find enough information about that time of period. The key is to put everything in a logical and understandable manner.
- Before the civil war that tore the fabric of American life, there were three sections of American people with different economic, cultural and political attitudes. The balance of power was kept by different alliances, which came up in the pre-civil war period.
- For Whom the Bell Tolls tells the interesting story of Robert Jordan, who is a college teacher, and American supporter of the Republican cause in the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). Within a short span of sixty-eight hours, Jordan gets involvement with a band of guerrillas, and a young woman named Maria, with who he later on in the book falls in love with.
- Writing about Silent Spring is a humbling experience for an elected official, because Rachel Carson’s landmark book offers undeniable proof that the power of an idea can be far greater than the power of politicians. In 1962, when Silent Spring was first published, “environment” was not even an entry in the vocabulary of public policy.
- It erupted after many years of conflict building up between the two regions. Between the North and the South there lay deep economic, social and political differences, but it is important to understand that Slavery was the root of cause of these differences.
- ? The invention of the cotton gin by Eli Whitney in 1793 provided a demand for cotton thus increasing the demand for slaves. By the 1800?s slavery was an institution throughout the South, an institution in which slaves had few rights, and could be sold or leased by their owners.
- Although these works were written for different causes, the two are similar in some ways. Both are similar in how they get the reader to see and feel what the writter sees and feels.
- It said that the North Vietnamese Army supreme command had imitated one of the greatest heroes of Vietnam, King Quang Trung, who won the most spectacular victory over the Chinese aggressors in the 1789 counter-attack – in planning the 19 8 operations.
- The pounding of shells, the mines, the death traps, the massive, blind destruction, the acrid stench of rotting flesh, the communal graves, the charred bodies, and the fear. These are the images of war. War has changed over the centuries from battles of legions of ironclad soldiers enveloped in glimmering armor fighting for what they believe to senseless acts of guerrilla warfare against those too coward to be draft-dodgers.
- Then in December 1819 three northern counties of Massachusetts broke away and asked to be admitted to enter the Union as a free state(Maine). This made the Missouri Compromise possible.
- The American Civil War was one of the largest in world history. The number of American lives lost in this war had never been heard of, nor has it been. The fighting that took place tore our nation apart and we still feel the effects 135 years later. This war is so widely written about, that it is nearly impossible to write about everything that happened.
- In 1860 Abraham Lincoln was elected as president of the United States of America, the repercussions of which led to civil war. However it was not only Lincoln’s election that led to civil war but also the slavery debate between the northern and southern states and the state of the economy in the United States.
- In literature, similar themes are portrayed in many different ways, mostly according to the time period they were written in. A new generation of writers came of age after the civil war, known as the realists. They dominated American fiction from the late nineteenth century to the middle of the twentieth.
- The choice to bomb the World Trade Center was more than symbolic. The collapse of the towers has coincided with an already slowing global economy and was probably intended to cause as much economic as physical harm. The crisis will have deep economic repercussions in a number of areas; while some parts of the economy will be hurt, other sectors may actually benefit, and it is possible that increased defense spending could stimulate the slowing economy in the short run.
- The preceding events, battles, and results of the Spanish American war are very important to American s short but lustrous history. American started the war as a new and weak nation. By the end of the war however, we emerged as a great world power to be feared.
- Because civil disobedience includes the violation laws, it is difficult to conclude whether an act is one of civil disobedience, or lawbreaking. During times of social strife- when a society is divided in opinion- there exists much controversy over whether or not certain acts of protest are qualified as civil disobedience.
- the American Civil War. The Color Bearer TraditionThe War Between the States was the heyday of American battleflags and theirbearers. With unusualhistorical accuracy, many stirring battle paintings showthe colors and their intrepid bearers in the forefront of the fray or as arallying point in a retreat.
- Others feel that the slavery problem could have been solved without war. The problem with these theories is that the revisionists do not recognize slavery as the main difference between North and South.
- Over 5 volunteer nurses’ north and south served in military hospitals during the Civil War. Nurses were of all sorts and came from all over. Women wanted to be involved in this national struggle in any way they could. They did not want to stay home and play their traditional domestic roles that social convention and minimal career opportunities had confined the majority of their sex to.
- Death can be described as the lack of existence; state of being dead. Most of the time death is usually considered to be a problem for many of old age. It is also a part of life that is hard for people grasp because they lose loved one’s. However, death also takes part in a time of war when two parties of an opposing team are at odds with one another.