Людовику было всего лишь пять лет, когда умер его отец, и он стал королем. Управление страной взяла на себя Анна Австрийская, однако даже достигнув со...полностью>>
Jefferson was born at Shadwell, his father’s home in Albemarle county, Va., on April 13, 1743. His father, Peter Jefferson, a man of legendary strengt...полностью>>
As that deficit grew, he found it impossible to escape from his situation by legal means. The hard, backbreaking work led to stooped, physically destr...полностью>>
- Certainly to many supporters of the Orthodox view, this statement will appear rather obvious. In their view, the origins of the Cold War, however, do not essentially lie in the aftermath of Yalta, but in the inevitable clash of capitalism and communism.
- The Cold War was a response to the perceived threat by the United States that Communism would interfere with national security and economic stakes in the world. It was a perceived threat by communist countries that the United States would take to the world.
- After the Civil War, state legislatures enacted codes to define or limit the freedom of the slaves. These Black Codes, as they were called, were in essence an extension another revised form of slavery. U.S. legislation declared all slaves free, and then allowed the individual states to enact their own regulations to control or limit that freedom.
- After World War II, numerous war-crimes trials tried and convicted many Axis leaders. Judges from Great Britain, France, the Soviet Union, and the United States tried twenty-two Nazi leaders for: crimes against humanity (mostly about the Holocaust), violating long-established rules of war, and waging aggressive war.
- After the Russo-Japnese war of 1905, in which Russia had lost, a revolution occurred. This being the second after an unsuccessful one in 1825. It appeared that discontent with the public would cause Czar Nicholas II to form a constitutional monarchy.
- After the Civil War many male abolitionists voiced fears that the demands of women suffragists might impede the campaign to gain voting rights for male ex-slaves. The issue came to a head in 1868, when the abolitionists pressed for a constitutional amendment including all Americans regardless of race, creed, or color.
- After a millennium of conflict and war?what chance of a millennium of peace? Some ten millennia ago civilization emerged in the Middle East, as the people of that area learned to till the earth and grow crops, thus opening the way to the ownership of land and the accumulation of wealth, and also to population growth and urban settlement.
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic and Dixie are the two main answers people give when asked what songs they most relate to the civil war. The Clue actually showed many others relating to the civil war, the insight their words give, and even variations of the Battle Hymn of the republic.
- The breakup of the Union was inevitable. The south was always going to secede; it was just a question of when. The southern and northern states varied on many issues. There were deep economic, social, and political differences between the north and the south.
- The artillery crews of both armies of the Civil War worked with the first guns that would eventually come to be the long-range killing machines that are used by the modern armies of today. The Civil War saw the beginnings of rifled barrels and breech loading artillery, with limited service however these new concepts were not fully developed and perfected until the years after the war.
- Abraham Lincoln regarded by many as the greatest person in the United Stated history, was elected president on November 6, 1860. Lincoln felt it was undignified to campaign actively, but his supporters more than made up for what he didn t do. Lincoln had never held a prominent national office, he had moderate views on the slavery question and had no bitter enemies during the elections.
- Espionage, the practice of spying, held a major part in the victory of the Union and the defeat of the Confederates. Men and women spies became widely known for their spying. The plot to burn New York became a major event in the loss of the Confederates.
- The civil war was one of the most astonishing and longest wars of all times, It spanned over eight years and had approximately more than a million casualties. People of all ages and generations lost their lives in this war. One thing that makes this war so unforgettable is the fact that it was the first war with photography available.
- Cultivation of this crop required a lot of land, and therefore settlers lived far apart. Northern Colonies, though, were much more dependent on small farms, with closely knit communities.
- Civil War IN THIS meeting of the Southern Historical Association great emphasis has been placed upon a re-examination of numerous phases of our history relating to the Civil War. While several papers have dealt with certain forces which helped bring about the Civil War, none has attempted a general synthesis of causes.
- Because civil disobedience includes the violation laws, it is difficult to conclude whether an act is one of civil disobedience, or lawbreaking. During times of social strife- when a society is divided in opinion- there exists much controversy over whether or not certain acts of protest are qualified as civil disobedience.
- A Bloody War Over 600, Americans died in the Civil War, and many more were left wounded. Although a large portion of these deaths is credited to diseases, such as dysentery, diarrhea, measles, malaria, and typhoid, the tactics of the Civil War were also a great influence to the number of casualties.
- the American Civil War. The Color Bearer TraditionThe War Between the States was the heyday of American battleflags and theirbearers. With unusualhistorical accuracy, many stirring battle paintings showthe colors and their intrepid bearers in the forefront of the fray or as arallying point in a retreat.
- Writing about recorded history should be a relatively easy task to accomplish. Recorded history is based on facts. Regardless of what time period one may write about, one will find enough information about that time of period. The key is to put everything in a logical and understandable manner.
- The Civil Rights movement has been a debate that has plagued America since the its conception with slaves first appearing to the New World in 1619. The debate over the rights of slaves became even more explosive in the 1850s with the Civil War when America fought over the freedom of these slaves, and the eventually the slaves gained their constitutional guarantee to be free through the Thirteenth Amendment.