Литература и русский язык->Краткое содержание
Автор: Пушкин Александр.Молодой рыцарь Альбер собирается явиться на турнир и просит своего слугу Ивана показать шлем. Шлем пробит насквозь на прошлом ...полностью>>
Наряду с предметом изучения довоенной футурологии и основанных на документальном экспертном анализе научных и научно-популярных работ историков, полит...полностью>>
Бенедетто Кроче, итальянский философ, историк и политический деятель написал свой труд «Теория и история историографии» в 1912 – 1913годах, в 1915 он ...полностью>>
Завдяки проведеному аналізу можна визначити головні загрози економічній безпеці, що виникають у нестабільних економіках як внаслідок об'єктивного розв...полностью>>
- As opposed to 0th century obligations to the self, education, and wealth, the 18th century focused more on social status and family, and not so many personal or independent obligations. (?Eighteenth?) In Charlotte Temple, a radical idea concerning a breakdown of social norms, and a restructuring of important obligations was presented.
- Montraville was a soldier in the army who was about twenty three years old, and Charlotte was only fifteen. He was much older than Charlotte. Montraville influenced her in evil ways; he impressed her with his knowledge of love and the world by writing her a letter and giving it to her personally .
- In The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne makes Hester Prynne the central figure in the story much like Susanna Rowson does with Charlotte in Charlotte Temple. The plots of the books are centered on these women; the storylines occasionally move elsewhere to inform the reader of the happenings of other characters, but always returns to their respective female protagonist.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bront?, tells the story of a woman on a lifetime journey, progressing on the path of acceptance, in searching of sympathy. Throughout her journey, Jane encounters many obstacles to her intelligence. Jane lives in a world and in a time where society thought women were too fragile to ponder too much at once.
- Charlotte Bronte was a strong-willed woman with extreme beliefs in self-awareness and individuality, a viewpoint that was tacitly condemned in those times. Throughout her novels Charlotte never failed to collide the main character with the discovery of her true worth.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- Within the last decade or so, Charlotte Perkins Gilman has been experiencing something of a renaissance. While this prominent turn-of-the-century intellectual leader languished in obscurity until Carl Degler resurrected her in the mid-1950’s, today there are two biographies, two collections of her writings, numerous literary criticisms; and “The Yellow Wallpaper’ proclaims her “feminist manifesto,” not only in print but as adapted for Masterpiece Theater, the opera, and the ballet.
- Many centuries before the birth of Christ, the city of Rome grew, prospered, and developed into a thriving Republic. As in most cultures, Rome’s buildings became more elaborate and impressive. They developed fantastic building technologies and ideas. The feats of Roman engineers were groundbreaking, and many structures built by this culture still stand today.
- The effectiveness of Bronte’s argument is due to both her motivation and approach. Bronte found her motivation from the experiences she had undergone while living in the Victorian era.
- Feminism is a very contradictory theme throughout literary history. It does not have to be seen as a complete rebellion against men, but can simply represent intelligence and self-worth in a female. This philosophy is shown in many of the works of Charlotte Bronte.
- In Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, good weather is Bronte s tool to foreshadow positive events or moods and poor weather is the tool to set the tone for negative events or moods. This technique is exercised throughout the entire novel, alerting the readers of any up coming atmosphere.
- That night she was obviously dying. The Prince was in her room for hours and left for but a moment when a doctor came out and told him his wife was dead. After many controversies between the royal family about who was to become the heir to the crown there was a female infant born in Kensington Palace in London on May 4, 1819.
- Bentley Motors Limited is a British manufacturer of automobiles founded on 18 January 1919 by Walter Owen Bentley (known as W.O. Bentley or just "W"). Bentley had been previously known for his range of rotary aero-engines in World War I. Perhaps the most iconic model of the period is the 4½-litre "Blower Bentley".
- Authors use different types of literary devices such as setting in their works to reveal theme. Setting can be described as the time and place in which an event occurs. It is a major factor in revealing plot and showing character development. The setting in The Grapes of Wrath allows the reader to see the poor conditions in the dust bowl that the Joad family was forced to live and the opportunities they had in California; however, they were unable to obtain them.
- The novel, Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte delivers a strong feminist message. Jane was a strong woman in a time when women were not meant to be strong. She was very out spoken (even as a child) and very sure in her values and opinions. She would not change them for anyone.
- Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bront , tells the story of a woman on a lifetime journey, progressing on the path of acceptance, in searching of sympathy. Throughout her journey, Jane encounters many obstacles to her intelligence. Jane lives in a world and in a time where society thought women were too fragile to ponder too much at once.
- A Tale of Two Cities is a novel categorized as historical fiction. Historical fiction is a composite material, with a portion of history embedded in a matrix of fiction. A Tale of Two Cities is appropriately titled, as the novel is the story of England and Revolutionary France; as a result it can be categorized as historical fiction.
- Saint Petersburg is the Northern capital of Russia. Saint-Petersburg is one of the main cultural, historical and architectural centers of Russia. It was named in the honor of Peter the Great, who founded St. Petersburg in 1703. St. Petersburg, Russia is world known for its channels and bridges and is often called "Northern Venice".
- As Bessie and Miss Abbot drag Jane to the “red room” a most scary room for a child, she is told by Miss Abbot: “No; you are less than a servant for you do nothing for your keep”(14).She must stay in the red room after she retaliates to the attack John Reed makes upon her, her obnoxious cousin.
- The novel, Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte, has a plot that is filled with an extraordinary amount of problems. Or so it seems as you are reading it. However, it comes to your attention after you have finished it, that there is a common thread running throughout the book.