It has been stated by many scientists, particularly those in the region of Japan, who believe that cloning could be used to save a species from extinc...полностью>>
There are several important issues brought forth in Act III, Scene I, which Shakespeare must have felt significant enough to include in his historical...полностью>>
A stopped heart is the clear sign of death. IF the cessation of heath beat could define death, could the onset of a heartbeat define life? The heart i...полностью>>
- Books and periodicals are not the only ones being suppressed by pressures to the political and social systems. They are also being brought against the educational system, film, radio, television, and against the graphic and theater arts.
- The first amendment to the Constitution contends that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of the press. In the past ten years especially, music has been under assault by lawmakers, prosecutors and critics of morality and taste.
- Censorship is a word that breeds strong emotions in many people. Whether they are opponents or proponents. Censorship has been around since before the time of the bible. It has produced wars and revolutions. During the time of the Romans censorship was not a problem and they came up with many different types of inventions that during the dark ages were lost and invented again.
- Although the Internet was created in the 1960s as a communications tool for the U.S. military to withstand a severe nuclear war and still be operable, until the government opened it up to public use in the late 1980s. The Internet became a unique communications phenomenon.
- These cases of censorship in public shools are not unusual and there is evidence that such challenges are increasing (Woods 2). These challenges are actually typical o the ones being leveled against school libraries today. These challenges can come from one person or a group concerned with the suitability of the material in question.
- “Violence in the media for entertainment purposes has been established as a major contributing factor. Daily, our children see on the screen that violence is fun and exciting and the hero’s method of choice for solving their problems. This statement is greatly emphasized by the anti-violence organization TRUCE (Teachers for Resisting Unhealthy Children’s Entertainment).
- ?Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances?.
- The years between 1640 and 1660 witnessed in England a greater outpouring of printed material than the country had seen since the first printing press had begun operating in the 1470s.1 The breakdown of government and Church censorship in the early 1640s was almost total until the mid-1650s when Oliver Cromwell as Lord Protector reimposed some controls.
- The purpose of the media has become an ongoing question since the large amount of conflicts between the consumer and media. Why is the original purpose of the media so damn hard to figure out? It is time to confront this issue instead of blowing it off by saying, “We can never change the media, so why bother?” What kind of chickenshit statement is that?! If there are so many people with so much power, surely one of them realizes the downward spiral of the ethics of the media.
- Sex, Erotica, nude women, three some, these are some keywords for finding pornography on the Internet. The censorship of pornography has had positive affect on the United States of America and that is a good thing because pornography leads to crime, and since pornography has no positive affects on society, and censoring pornography is not against the constitution.
- Flipping back and forth between the browser and the Instant Messenger, I managed to pull out the stats I needed on Ireland, for my History class; a native web site helped greatly.
- Through out the history of the United States of America, the Constitution has constantly been put challenged and tried. The first amendment guarantees freedom of speech and the press. The great founders of this incredible country originally created the first amendment to enable colonists to defy the British and create a new standard of living.
- Capitalism and its values are nurtured within the mass media. Popular American films have carefully targeted particular markets to sell the idea of a successful capitalist system. Competition, progression (, technology) and economic rationalism are some of the components that become visible when critically analysing these films.
- In an ideal world, it would be great if all parents could monitor everything their children watch, but realistically speaking it just is not possible. In today’s world movies and television has become a major part of society. In fact, studies show that not only does the media entertain but they also have a profound effect on an individual’s behavior.
- Turning a potentially ultra violent game into a run of the mill mildly violent game. Another group would LOVE the ability to say that the ESRB has the authority to say whether or not a game is released.
- Although is clearly states in the first amendment that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances,” censorship in America still exists in a big way.
- What exactly is censorship? Some feel censorship is a violation of their rights. Others say censorship is a must in the violent, abusive world we call ?society.? Who has the right to censor? Who doesn?t? What needs to be censored, and what doesn?t? The fact of the matter is that there are many pros and cons in the music and entertainment industry about censorship.
- It is probably no accident that freedom of speech is the first freedom mentioned in the First Amendment: “Congress shall make no law…abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- In 443 BC the comitia centura of the ancient Roman State began the fight over censorship, or withholding lawful information from the public to protect the public from violence, pornography, etc This committee felt there was a need for the office of censor who decided what were correct manners and morals.
- In Plato s Republic, he tries to develop a utopia for mankind. He utilizes conversation amongst people within in his book as a vehicle for larger and more serious topics to be discussed. One of the most important propositions made in these discussions is when Socrates and Glaucon are deliberating on the issue of censorship and its necessity in the beginning of Book III.