Коммуникации и связь->Лабораторная работа
Собираю измерительную цепь, используя в качестве резистор =3 кОм, а в качестве индуктивности - индуктивность катушки стенда. Показанное соединение вол...полностью>>
март · апрель · май · июнь · июль · август · сентябрь · октябрь · ноябрь · декабрь 175 : январь · февраль · март · апрель · май · июнь · июль · август...полностью>>
Промышленность, производство->Курсовая работа
Методическая трехзонная толкательная печь предназначена для нагрева прямоугольной заготовки перед дальнейшей прокаткой до температуры прокатки. В таки...полностью>>
Культура и искусство->Отчет о прохождении практики
Мета практики - ознайомлення з історією підприємства, його структурою, схемою управління, асортиментом продукції, основним устаткуванням, технологічни...полностью>>
- These cases of censorship in public shools are not unusual and there is evidence that such challenges are increasing (Woods 2). These challenges are actually typical o the ones being leveled against school libraries today. These challenges can come from one person or a group concerned with the suitability of the material in question.
- Books and periodicals are not the only ones being suppressed by pressures to the political and social systems. They are also being brought against the educational system, film, radio, television, and against the graphic and theater arts.
- ?Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances?.
- Censorship is a word that breeds strong emotions in many people. Whether they are opponents or proponents. Censorship has been around since before the time of the bible. It has produced wars and revolutions. During the time of the Romans censorship was not a problem and they came up with many different types of inventions that during the dark ages were lost and invented again.
- All great things that have been created by mankind have evolved from individuals who dare to think outside of the box. There are the regretful ideas from which we learn from and of course the great ideas in which humanity has developed. For us to grow and change, mankind needs a diversity of ideas and thoughts.
- Almost every idea ever thought has proved offensive or worthy of objection to one person or another, and almost everyone has sometimes felt the world would be a better place if only "so and so" were not around or "such and such" did not exist.
- The most debatable and controversial form of censorship today is the banning of books in school libraries. Banning books that educate students is wrong and selfish. Censorship of books in school libraries is neither uncommon nor an issue of the past. Books with artistic and cultural worth are still challenged constantly by those who want to control what others read.
- In a world in which acts of heinous violence, murder or crude and shocking behavior seem to be a normal occurrence, it may lead one to wonder what has put society onto this slippery slope. How did this type of behavior come to be so acceptable and in some cases glorifiable? A careful study of society may lead to multi media as being the main cause in this changing of ideals.
- However or whenever these attacks occur, they usually fall at least one of the following categories: Religion War & Peace (Violence) Sociology & Race Language Drugs Sex Inappropriate Adolescent Behaviour What is Obscenity? Clearly something hard to talk about constructively.
- No society has ever existed, as far as we know, which has not exercised some form of censorship over the conduct and opinions of its members? Good morning teachers and students. Censorship by the government infringes upon the rights of the individual and inhibits freedom of expression.
- Censorship, a controversial word that has been with us since who knows when. Ancient dictators would burn books because they didn t like them and force people to believe what he did. The question I ask myself though is if censorship in Libraries and schools is justified.
- I did my report on the First Amendment. The First Amendment of the United States states that, “Congress shall make no law against the freedom of speech, nor of the press.” However, the list of banned books in public schools and libraries is astonishing.
- However or whenever these attacks occur, they usually fall at least in one of these categories. Language Sex Drugs Society and Race Inappropriate Adolescent Behavior What is Obscenity? Clearly something hard to discuss.
- Those who support censorship believe that Canadians and especially young people need to be protected from all sexual matters, scenes of violence and foul language. Feminist groups that are for censorship disagree with all forms of material that exploit women and children sexually.
- Another example of books distorting reality is drugs. Sometimes books can show people partying and having a good time while getting high on drugs. But usually books don’t show the troubles people face with an addiction. The same is with alcohol. It is rare to see a book that shows the depression alcoholics go through while trying to quit.
- “Can They Say That On Television?” Yes, they can, and increasingly they do. The days of television being highly regulated, pure and decent may be over. It looks as if the ever-shifting rules governing what’s okay to say on television are made to be broken.
- “The injustices of censorship were in full force at least as early as 1 44, the year English writer John Milton wrote his famous Areopagitica to defend freedom of the press” (Tax 154).
- Many rights are guaranteed to us or implied within our constitutional tradition. The right to read is one of these, and like the other rights it can be used wisely or foolishly. To deny the freedom of choice in fear that it may be unwisely used is to destroy the freedom itself.
- Literature that children are exposed to often gives them ideas and provokes them to think and draw their own conclusions about things, it also provides a necessary escape from reality for them. This is why censoring children’s books can be rather destructive to their developing minds.
- The novel I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings is the life story of Maya Angelou as she struggles through life in the South. Published in 1969, the novel has received critical acclaim since 1970 and spent three years as a number one best seller on the New York Times Best Seller List.