Государство и право->Реферат
Согласно ст. 135 Жилищного кодекса РФ (далее - ЖК РФ) товарищество собственников жилья - это некоммерческая организация, объединение собственников пом...полностью>>
In Judeo-Christian mythology, one of the best recognized stories from the Old Testament is the story of Noah and the Ark, and how they survived God s ...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
Мировой опыт управления качеством продукции показал, что обеспечить стабильное качество изделия невозможно, если не добиться стабильности качества исх...полностью>>
- However, scientists should not clone whole adult human beings because of the violation of moral, ethical, and religious concerns.
- Hence, scientists must separate making spare body parts from making whole people. Compton?s Interactive Encyclopedia defines cloning as: The production of duplicate copies of genetic material, cells, or entire multicellular living organisms.
- Before we assume that the market for human clones consists mainly of narcissists who think the world deserves more of them or neo-Nazis who dream of cloning Hitler or crackpots and mavericks and mischief makers of all kinds, it is worth taking a tour of the marketplace.
- Thus, an elaboration on the history, techniques, ethics, and reasons for researching the technology of cloning is necessary. The first thing that must be cleared up is what is cloning, and what is a clone.
- Shortly after the announcement that British scientists had successfully cloned a sheep, Dolly, cloning humans has recently become a possibility that seems much more feasible in today’s society. The word clone has been applied to cells as well as to organisms, so that a group of cells stemming from a single cell is also called a clone.
- These data need to be taken with a grain of salt. When people think of cloning, many, perhaps most, recall a horror movie, like the one which involved the creation of clones of Hitler for evil purposes. They may well be reacting emotionally, without a great deal of information to base their opinion on.
- The two share the same nucleic DNA, but differ in terms of their mitochondrial DNA, which is vitally important for the regulation of the cell. The media and the press ignored this fact, and thus claimed that Dolly and her mother were genetically identical, which sparked a fury of outcry all around the world.
- Automatically when people talk about human cloning that tend to be negative Most reaction is people shouldn’t play god or interfere with nature Of course there are negative consequences that could come from cloning On the other hand there is so many positive things that could save more lives than it would cost Yes Cloning involves risky techniques that could result in premature babies and some deaths That is why public policy needs to be changed on cloning The medical possibilities are endless if federal money is given to research and develop cloning techniques
- Cloning is a relevant issue that has cause a major uproar not only in the field of science but also throughout the entire world. The world is in a bind deciding on the issue of cloning. The main question that is asked wonders if cloning should be considered humane.
- Cloning humans has recently become a possibility that seems much more possible in today s society tan it was twenty years ago. It is a method that involves the production of a group of identical cells or organisms that all originate from a single individual.
- (Mckinnel 8) The person responsible for this introduction of cloning was Joshua Lederberg, a noble laureate geneticist. (Kass, Winters 9) Scientists have known for a long time what it took to clone, and many had found themselves believing that it was biologically impossible.
- Last updated: June 30, 1998Should Cloning Be Banned? Since Scottish scientists reported the successful cloning of a sheep named Dolly last year, new research into cloning has grown rapidy — as has the ethical controversy surrounding the procedure. In May 1998, scientists at a Massachusetts cell research firm announced the production of genetically identical calves using a new cloning technology that could make it possible to create “designer” cattle.
- If you pay any attention to the news whatsoever you?ve probably heard about cloning. Cloning is the most controversial issue today. Quite simply put, cloning is duplicating or making a copy of something, usually a cell or DNA. Scientists for a while now successfully have been testing it out on animals.
- Should we clone humans? Cloning humans has become a possibility that seems easier in today’s society than it was twenty years ago. It is a method that involves the production of a group of identical cells or organisms that all derive from a single individual (Grolier 220).
- A clone is a duplicate – much like a photocopy is a duplicate, or copy, of a document (Kolate, 238). A good example of copies that occur in nature are identical twins, which are duplicates of each other. On a daily basis, molecular geneticists and other scientists use cloning techniques to replicate various genetic materials such as gene segments and
- Cloning captured the public’s attention when Scottish scientists startled the world in July of 1996 when they announced the birth of a sheep named Dolly which they had cloned from the nucleus of an adult mammary cell and a sheep egg. Ever since this spectacular event occurred people have been thinking about the possibility of cloning humans.
- The cloning of an adult sheep and the possibility that human cloning could soon follow has raised some serious ethical questions. Some people object on a purely ethical level while others favor cloning solely for the scientific advances it will produce.
- For years the subject of cloning has captured the imaginations of authors, movie directors and much of the human population. Cloning is the prospect of creating an animal or even a person that is genetically identical to its “parent.” Until recently the subject seemed farfetched and fictional, because no one really realized how close we had actually advanced in cloning research.
- When I first began this essay, I held no stance on the subject of human cloning. After my initial research, I came to the conclusion that there was no real evidence that human cloning should be illegal. My first draft however lacked good arguments. I’ve since returned to the library and took a new look at the problem.
- They can also be alterd to be able to be grown in different environments or to produce more food and for a longer period of time.