Stereotypes are essentially assumptions that are made about a person or group’s character or attributes, based on a general image of what a particular...полностью>>
Численность квенов — порядка 20 тысяч человек (2007), из которых около 10 тысяч говорят на саамском языке, и столько же — на финском языке. Проживают ...полностью>>
Сьогодні інвайроментальна агресія стає основним джерелом політичних конфліктів. Поняття “інвайроментальна” агресія виникло на поч. 70-х років і означа...полностью>>
- An ancient Greek myth has been told for centuries about a boy who lives in fear. Icarus had been forced to live his life imprisoned until one day he had the opportunity to escape. He had been provided with a pair of wax wings with which he could flee his captor.
- The rat symbolizes the fate, feelings, and actions of the main character. The parallels between the rat and Bigger Thomas are unmistakable. The black rat is seen as an invader and is killed. The same eventually happens to Bigger later in the novel (Lee 50).
- Данные материалы включают теоретические сведения о звукобуквенных соответствиях в английском языке, упражнения для совершенствования навыков чтения, а также материалы для чтения и заучивания наизусть. Материалы могут быть использованы как для аудиторной, так и самостоятельной работы учащихся.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- When we discuss our brain, we usually focus on the brains ability to think. That task alone is extremely complex and involved, but the brain also has many other tasks. Most of the time the brain is on autopilot, meaning that most of the activities preformed are just automatic.
- Today the United States is held as one of the super powers of the world, boasting its wealth and armed power. Among its greatest achievements is the NASA Space Program. NASA is currently the leading Space program, setting new standards by conducting experiments in space, exploring new parts of the solar system, and most of all, putting a man on the moon.
- Throughout the history of this country, the music of African-Americans has remained a strong influence upon our society and culture. Beginning with the music carried over from Africa with the slaves, up until now, with the new styles created by urban youth today, African-Americans have retained certain elements within their music which makes it unique from any other musical form.
- Sir Jaso turned his head in the direction of the woman?s gaze and there before him stood the giant that he had heard so much about during the past few days. It stood almost 20 feet off the ground and carried a club bigger than Sir Jaso himself. The stench of rotting human corpses emanated from its disgusting body and insects of every sort imaginable crawled freely through its hair and under its skin.
- It’s 1990 and many people say punk is dead. Others say punk is still dying. Still others say the story of rock and roll is nearly over. Such people have at least learned one thing from punk: they have adopted the same blind pessimism that caused so many bands to burn out so quickly.
- I would like to thank all the students and teachers who used the material that made up the original edition of this book. In particular, I am grateful to my former colleagues at the Swan School of English, Oxford, for all their interest and encouragement.
- Boxer – A big, powerful, honest, and devoted carthorse who does not have many brains but always comes forward whenever any hand work is needed. Clover – A motherly mare who is truly concerned about the welfare of the animals.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- Изображение учебника «Английский язык: учеб. для 9 кл. общеобразо-ват. учреждений / [В.П. Кузовлев, Н.М. Лапа, Э.Ш. Перегудова и др.] -12-е изд. - М.: Просвещение, 2007» приведено на обложке данного издания исключительно в качестве иллюстративного материала (ст.
- In search for better employment his father moved the family to Memphis, Tennessee. While in Memphis, his father worked as a night porter in a hotel and his mother worked as a cook for a Caucasian family. Shortly after their move to Memphis, Wright’s father deserted his family.
- 1. His sister is playing tennis now. 2. The teacher is explaining the rule. 3. We are learning the new words. 4. My friends are standing at the window. 5. John is wearing a nice coat. 6. We are doing our homework. 8. Jane is speaking with her brother.
- Prophet Muhammad (s) was born in 570 CE in Mecca. His father, Abdullah, died several weeks before his birth in Yathrib (Medinah) where he went to visit his father’s maternal relatives. His mother, Aminah, died while on the return journey from Medina at a place called Abwa when Muhammad (s) was six years old.
- The Olympics began in ancient Olympia Greece, which lies 10km east of Pirgos, in a valley between Mt. Kronos, the Alfios river, and the Kladeos. This area was inhabited by the Pisans, whose King was Oinomaus. His daughter Hippodameia had married Pelops, and it has been said that the first games were held in their honor around 1 B.
- John Herschel Glenn Jr. was born on July 18, 1921 in Cambridge, Ohio. He was named after his father John Glenn Sr. John Glenn Sr. had fought in France during World War I, and his hearing had been impaired as a result of the fighting. After the war he started a plumbing business and managed to make a comfortable living for himself and his family.
- The author, V. J. Jerome, is editor of Political Affairs, leading journal of Marxist thought and opinion in the United States, and also chairman of the Communist Party’s National Cultural Commission. He is the author of several books and pamphlets, including Social-Democracy and the War, War and the Intellectuals, The Treatment of Defeated Germany, and, most recently, Culture In a Changing World, which has been translated in a number of European countries.
- I spent my second night in a youth hostel in Paris last night. I arrived in Paris around 6:00am local time two days ago. The flight from LAX to Orly airport was ten about hours long. It wasn’t so bad, though. There was nobody sitting next to me and a nice, elderly French lady two seats away.