?Men are expected to be breadwinners, aggressive, and ambitious. Women are expected to be homemakers, passive, and dependent. Consequently, the sexes ...полностью>>
Today, there are very few remains of the once great Pleshey castle. However, the shape and basic outline of the castle can be worked out. A tall mound...полностью>>
Поворотним пунктом у розвитку сільського господарства став вересень 1953—1955 рр., коли змінилася аграрна політика держави. Основні заходи були спрямо...полностью>>
- Audie Leon Murphy, son of poor Texas sharecroppers, rose to national fame as the most decorated U.S. combat soldier of World War II (Audie L). At age 12 as an orphan growing up in Texas, he was already a fair shot with a rifle. At that time, his family was very poor, so he quit school to work for a neighboring farmer, himself an ex-marine, and who influentially always said, “my biggest mistake I ever made was gettin’ out (of the Military)”.
- The military has lost its mind by awarding six medals to the three released P.O.W.s. I do not mean to rag on the three troops — although one did write a “Thank You” note to his prison guards for his swell Motel 6 treatment, but more to the point is the damage such giveaway policies do to our military awards programs.
- Over one hundred years ago that “dirty little coward” Bob Ford killed Jesse Woodson James in his home in St. Joseph, Missouri. Today, the typical person has derived much, if not all, knowledge about the life and times of Jesse James from the movies. Beginning with Jesse James Under the Black Flag in 1921 starring Jesse Edwards James (referred to as Jesse James Jr.
- Латинский язык принадлежит к числу древнейших письменных языков индоевропейской системы. Свое название он получил от имени одного из италийских племен - Латинов, населявших область Лациум (Latium), центром которой был город Рим. Первые письменные свидетельства латинского языка относятся еще к VII веку до н.
- In the late-19th and early-20th centuries, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Spanish-American war were grist for American movies' mill, mostly in romantic flag-wavers which boasted little action. The war film as it is known today — violent dramatizations of men in combat — emerged with the world's first experience of modern warfare, World War I.