Актиноиды, актиниды, семейство из 14 химических элементов с атомными номерами Z 90 — 103, расположенных в 7 периоде системы Менделеева за актинием Ac ...полностью>>
Инновационный процесс охватывает цикл отработки научно-технической идеи до ее реализации на коммерческой основе. Инновационные процессы в большей степ...полностью>>
В истории любой страны есть личности, безусловно, известные каждому ее жителю, являющиеся знаковыми фигурами не только национального, но и международн...полностью>>
- The rights of animals is a topic that is very important to me. I simply think that everyone should have the decency to treat animals with kindness and respect, and not make them suffer in any way. I believe that animals deserve to live according to their own natures, without harm, abuse or exploitation.
- One of the most touchy aspects of our relationship with animals is the use of animals in laboratory sciences. Some manufactures of cosmetics and household products still conduct painful and useless tests on live animals, even though no law requires them to do so.
- No animal should be killed unless it is for food. None of the animals of this planet deserve to die. The only animal that can do bad is humans. Just because we think we rule the world this does not mean we are allowed to kill the creatures of the world we live in.
- Animal testing is not a new thing. For many centuries scientists and testers in research have used animals of all kinds. Most of the animals are small ones like rodents – rats, mice, hamsters and gerbils. Some dogs, cats and a variety of goats, monkeys and rabbits have also been used.
- er and die without any certainty that this suffering and death would save a single life, or benefit humans in anyway at all; but the same can be said for tens of thousands of other experiments performed in the US each year Limiting it to just experiments done on beagles, the following might sock mos
- For the past 20 years, there has a been an on going heated debate on whether experiments on animals for the benefit of medical and scientific research is ethical. Whether it is or isn’t, most people believe that some form of cost-benefit test should be performed to determine if the action is right.
- I like watching TV, and when I have time I watch everything related to nature and animals. I observed since I was little that some animals are not treated as they should be, and it bothers me when I see people making experiments on animals, using them to entertain other people, or destroying their houses.
- How would you like it if you were used in an experiment to see if the mascara your girlfreind used was safe? And then when they were done with you, they disposed of you and killed you off as if you didn?t matter. Well that?s what is being done to animals.
- poor treatment of them. However, the pigs on the farm were fed up with his tyranny and were ready for rebellion. The leader of the pigs, who they called Major, called the rest of the animals together for a meeting one fall night. He told them of a dream he had the previous night.
- There are several hundred science books available today that any research team could easily get their hands on. There s no reason why a scientist should harm an animal for the sake of an experiment. Almost everything that we could possibly find out about a creature has already been discovered, and is written in a text somewhere.
- The use of animals in the life sciences dates back to ancient Greece and the earliest medical experiments. To learn about swallowing, physicians cut open into the throat of a living pig. To study the beating heart, they cut open into its chest. For centuries physicians and researchers used animals to enhance their knowledge about how the various organs and systems of the body functioned, as well as to hone their surgical skills.
- If companies would recognize the consistency and validity of these products then maybe animal testing will not be needed. Two of the main tests that companies use are the Draize Test and the Irritancy Test.
- Animal Farm is a satirical beast fable which has been heralded as Orwell’s lightest, gayest work(Brander 1 ).
- The American Medical Association has stated that it believes that research-involving animals is essential to maintaining and improving the health of human beings. They point out that all advances in medical science in the 20th century, from antibiotics to organ transplants, has been achieved either directly or indirectly through the use of animals in laboratory experiments.
- The twentieth century has seen many leaders come and go, but few have had the impact that Hitler and Stalin had. These two men, along with Mao of China, helped shaped the world as it is today. Hitler was one of the greatest motivators of his time. His uplifting speeches and fierce rhetoric rallied a desperate people in Germany.
- However as seen in the French and Russian revolutions the leadership that was so strongly opposed is returned to power with little change noted on the surface. Author George Orwell in his recent novel Animal Farm writes a very effective political allegory of not only the Russian Revolution but of movements of the same nature.
- Throughout High School I learned to develop many different types of skills. Development Came a little easier or me when it came to writing. necessarily not only writing was developed but also imagination and feelings. You may ask, “Why Feelings”? Because writing is not only just that “writing” it is opinions, facts, emotions, and feelings that I put into words.
- “Sincerely and earnestly hoping that this little book may do something toward throwing light on the American slave system, and hastening the glad day of deliverance to the millions of my brethren in bonds relying upon the power of truth, love, and justice, for success in my efforts and solemnly pledging myself anew to the sacred cause, I subscribe myself.
- Between seventeen and twenty-two million animals are used in research each year. Another astonishing fact is that city pounds put to sleep between ten and sixteen point seven million dogs and cats each year. Well I know you are all saying “Yeah, Yeah but it is painless and the pounds are humane because they put the animals to sleep painlessly”.
- 4. Simplicity La Bruy?re, knowing that many writers make the mistake of expressing simple things in a complex way, gave this advice to writers: “if you want to say that it is raining, say: ‘It is raining’.” Simplicity is the mark of good prose, and it’s also a virtue in other branches of culture, such as architecture.