This book was the first time the Fibonacci numbers had been discussed. It was based on bits of Arithmetic and Algebra that Fibonacci had accumulated d...полностью>>
I do not agree with the Islamic beliefs that God is the enemy of unbelievers. As an outsider to this religion this does not sit well with me. I believ...полностью>>
The Maya calendar in its final form probably dates from about the 1st century B.C. It is extremely accurate, and the calculations of Maya priests were...полностью>>
- 1970s Hollywood has been characterized as a "renaissance" and a "revolutionary" decade, mostly because of the exceptional artistic and personal filmmaking that flourished in the early part of the decade after a period of industrial decline in the '60s, and that found popular acceptance with a young, critically attuned audience craving something new.
- How on earth do horror film directors sleep at night? Don’t they ever wake up and say, “Is this what my life is about: making people fear dark rooms, old houses, and things that go bump in the night?” How do they stand it all? What inspires them to create these vividly outrageous spins on reality? These may be the questions often asked by people who don’t quite understand the method behind the madness that is the horror film.
- The Beatles were known as a rock and roll group, but they were not just any old band. They changed music around the world, as we know it. Between the boys, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Richard Starkey, better known as Ringo Starr, they had extraordinary talent (History of the Beatles 1).
- To the creator of films as well as other forms of literature, the dark side of human nature has often proved more rich and interesting than the bright. Films and books on the lives of saints have not been as popular as murder mysteries and works of horror.
- However, since the late 19 0 s Westerns have been recognized, similar to other forms of popular culture, as a useful barometer of shifting currents in American society and culture (Etulain 3). The development of the western film genre in American film culture has progressed in manner, style, and ideology, and can be tracked in association with the political, societal, and cultural trends of the last 90 years.
- In 1959- early 1960 five directors released debut feature length films that are widely regarded as heralding the start of the French nouvelle vague or French New Wave. Claude Chabrols Le Beau Serge (The Good Serge, 1959) and Les Cousins (The Cousins, 1959) were released, along with Francois Truffauts Les Quatre cents coups (The 400 Blows, 1959), Jean-Luc Godards A bout de souffle (Breathless, 1960) and Alain Resnais Hiroshima mon amour (Hiroshima my love, 1959).
- In the late Seventies, America became shocked and outraged by the rape, mutilation, and murder of over a dozen young, beautiful girls. The man who committed these murders, Ted Bundy, was later apprehended and executed. During his detention in various penitentiaries, he was mentally probed and prodded by psychologist and psychoanalysts hoping to discover the root of his violent actions and sexual frustrations.
- In today?s culturally diverse, politically correct society, it is hard to believe that at one time racism was not only accepted as the norm, but enjoyed for its entertainment value. Individuals of African descent in North America today take the large, diverse pool of opportunities offered by the film industry for granted.
- Family Lifestyle and the behavior of members within the family have been shown to have a direct affect on a teenager s behavior in school. A child can be influenced very easily by any older person, especially a family member, because
- As I grew older, I became more and more interested and involved in it, (pornography) became and obsession. I got so involved in it, I wanted to incorporate (porn) into my life, but I couldn’t behave like that and maintain the success I had worked so hard for.
- PornographyIn the late Seventies, America became shocked and outraged by the rape,mutilation, and murder of over a dozen young, beautiful girls. The man who committedthese murders, Ted Bundy, was later apprehended and executed. During his detention invarious penitentiaries, he was mentally probed and prodded by psychologist andpsychoanalysts hoping to discover the root of his violent actions and sexual frustrations.
- “Then a tremendous flash of light cut across the sky . Mr. Tanimoto has a distinct recollection that it traveled from east to west, from the city toward the hills.
- I chose to do my video report on the legend, Bruce Lee. The biography was on A&E at 10:00 Sunday February 1, 1998. It told the amazing life of possibly the greatest martial artist ever. He was a man filled with talent. Unfortunately, he died at a very young age.
- Rap music is truly an American minority artist creation of which students need to be proud. Unfortunately, rap music is not perceived by many Americans as an art form, but as a fad which they hope will soon fade away. One of my intentions with my unit is to show that rap music is not a fad, but a musical art form that has been around for over 20 years in the United States.
- In the second and third decades of this century, a new kind of artistic movement swept Europe and America. Its very name, “Dada”–two identical syllables without the obligatory “-ism”–distinguished it from the long line of avant-gardes which have determined the history of the arts in the last 200 years.
- Popular culture is defined as the ordinary culture people make for themselves (McLeish, 1993). From the nineteenth century onward the term popular culture took on new meaning, referring to pop culture as somewhat beneath higher culture (1993). In other words, things that the common people enjoyed were looked down upon as opposed to say, opera, cricket or intellectual pursuits.
- Many readers are surprised to hear Atwood’s novel labeled science fiction, but it belongs squarely in the long tradition of near-future dystopias which has made up a large part of SF since the early50s. SF need not involve technological innovation: it has been a long-standing principle that social change can provide the basis for SF just as well as technical change.
- Artistically these two movies varied greatly, with good reason I might add. On the Waterfront was releases in 1954, somewhat primitive times in the world of movie making, and the Godfather was made in the mid-seventies, it is only reasonable to expect that with the changing times comes changing technology, and therefore changing styling of the films art.
- This form, is typically used by Brooks’ as a means for a quick laugh as opposed to a major source of plot definition, and is most apparent in such scenes as that with the Yiddish-speaking Indian in Blazing Saddles.
- More than now. PBC: A lot of your most recent poetry, especially some that you read last night (Corcoran Gallery, Washington, D.C.) contains very spiritual, and specifically Buddhist, imagery.