Начиная с античных времен как учение о бытии и условиях его познания становится одним из видов профес.деятельности людей, посвятивших ей свою жизнь и ...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
В случае нарушения прав граждан или организаций со стороны других лиц, а также угрозы нарушения права в будущем и при отсутствии добровольного восста...полностью>>
Одна из главных глобальных проблем человечества – продовольственная проблема. В мировой системе хозяйствования она проявляется в нехватке продовольств...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
Актуальность создания Национального Фонда Казахстана в настоящее время продиктована необходимостью обеспечения устойчивого развития национальной эконо...полностью>>
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a self-help organization made up of men and women, young and old, who come together to share their experiences with alcohol, and to express their hope and strength with one another so that they can overcome the illness of alcoholism and then help others to recover.
- This particular topic was not chosen simply because of the fact that I grew up with it, but because I want to hear what research has to offer on the topic. I hope that I will have a better understanding of alcoholism and why my father drank so much.
- When people hear the word drug, they usually think of illegal substances such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or any other drug that can be found on the street. Most never categorize alcohol as a drug, primarily because it is socially accepted. But, in fact, alcohol is responsible for destroying many people s lives and those around them, just like illegal drugs can.
- Abstract In response to the need for research that incorporates multiple aspects of theory into a testableframework, this study attempted to replicate and extend the results of Cooper, Russell, Skinner, Frone, and Mudar (1992). A modified stressor vulnerability model of stress-related drinking was tested in ahomogeneous sample of 65 male and female undergraduate student drinkers.
- Alcoholism is a deadly disease in which an individual is addicted to alcohol and its relaxing effects. There is a theory that holds that ?addiction fits many criteria used to define other diseases and should therefore be treated as a disease. The individual depends on alcohol to get through the day or night, ?solve? their problems, ease their depression, or no reason at all.
- “What is alcoholism?” Alcoholism itself is a chronic illness that is characterized by the habitual consumption of alcohol to a degree that interferes with physical, mental and social health. Alcohol is a depressant that will release feelings of guilt, anxiety and remorse if taken in heavy quantities.
- The effectiveness of using personal experience is it gives the author merit while at the same time discrediting the scholars that oppose his claim. It lets the reader know that Vaillant knows what he is talking about and is able to give a valid argument.
- IntroductionI chose to write about alcoholism for a number of reasons.One reason is because it affects so many people. About ten million Americans suffer from this disease. Families can be destroyed and torn apart because of an alcoholic within the family.
- (NI 7) There are three types of drinkers. The daily drinker, the weekend drinker, and the binge drinker.
- Since ancient times, observers have noted that alcoholism is passed from one generation to the next. More recently, family studies have noted that first-degree relatives of alcoholics are seven times more likely to have alcoholism than first-degree relatives of non-alcoholics.
- alcoholism ALCOHOLISM Alcoholism is perhaps the most common form of drug abuse in America today. In 1995, in the United States 67% of all the population over the age of 12 reported drinking alcohol with in the previous year. Even more astounding, is the fact that nearly 50% reported drinking some type of alcoholic beverage with in the past month.
- Many people don t realize how greatly alcoholic parents affect children. I have experienced most of the effects myself. Growing up in the house under the supervision of an alcoholic can be very painful. Doing this paper gave me a lot of insight on myself.
- AlcoholismApril 30, 2001According to Alcohol And You, We live in a society that drinks heavily, and teens are influenced by this. Living with an alcoholic basically means living with stress a great deal of the time. Alcoholism is a family disease that affects not just one person in the family but everyone.
- When I was a child I heard, “Your father is just tired, honey.” I also heard, “I never said that. You must have imagined it.” Everything was so confusing that I became unsure of myself. Thank God that so many Al-Anon members validated my feelings.
- Alcoholism is perhaps the most common form of drug abuse in North America today. Scientists report that the reason alcohol is so popular to people is because it is pleasant, relaxing, and is considered a “social beverage.” But what individuals often do not take in to consideration is the fact that alcohol dulls the brain and confuses physical reactions.
- Warren Kutcher Alcoholism and it s affects Alcoholism is a dangerous and deadly disease that affects not only the alcoholic, but everyone associated with them. Most people don t believe alcoholism is a disease. Alcoholism is a disease characterized by uncontrolled drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- Alcoholism refers to the drinking of alcoholic beverages to such a degree that important things of an individual’s life – such as work, school, family relationships, or personal safety and health; are seriously and repeatedly interfered with. Alcoholism is considered a disease, meaning that it follows a characteristic course with known physical, and social symptoms.
- Likewise, someone who drinks frequently or gets drunk every once and a while is not necessarily and alcoholic. It is possible to abuse alcohol for a short period of time without developing alcoholism. For example, some people may drink abusively during a personal crisis and then resume normal drinking.
- Early symptoms include spending an excessive amount of limited income on alcohol. The availability of the alcohol influences the person’s choice of friends and the things that they do. Alcohol becomes used as more of a relaxer than as a casual beverage.
- Alcohol is liquid distilled product of fermented fruits, grains and vegetables used as solvent, antiseptic and sedative for potential abuse. Possible effects are intoxication, sensory alteration, and/or anxiety reduction. Symptoms of overdose staggering, odor of alcohol on breath, loss of coordination, slurred speech, dilated pupils, fetal alcohol syndrome (in babies), and/or nerve and liver damage.