Культура и искусство->Реферат
Опыт, накопленный человечеством в ходе его культурной истории, оказывает неоценимую помощь в решении проблем культуры на современном этапе преобразова...полностью>>
Культура и искусство->Реферат
Как видно из определения, романтизм охватывает большой пласт различных видов искусства. Цель моего реферата – исследовать развитие романтизма в одном ...полностью>>
Моско́вское госуда́рство, Ру́сское централизо́ванное госуда́рство, Москва́, Моско́вская земля́, Моско́вщина — различные названия единого Российского г...полностью>>
- It’s very interesting that I find myself writing about something that not only is commonsense, but what is more, something that every one knows about in general but may not in particular. Alcohol use among teenagers is a serious problem and is responsible for death and injury in automobile accidents, physical and emotional disability, deterioration of academic performances, aggressive behavior that causes a number of other sociological problems in families and among friends.
- Marijuana, pot, Mary Jane, grass, weed, hash, hashish, dope, cannabis, sinsemilla, greens. When you hear these words, do you think of illegal substances or medical miracle-workers? Marijuana has been approved for medical use by prescription in at least three states.
- Patients may have jaundice, abdominal swelling, vomiting of blood and abdominal pain. They may have tremors, difficulty walking, talking and swallowing. They may develop all degrees of mental illness including homicidal or suicidal behavior, depression and aggression.
- People suffering from addictions most times won’t realize it, but their disease is hurting more than just themselves. It is not only the physical aspect of the addiction that hurts them, but also what it is doing to the life of the addict. “Life” can be taken as social life, working life, and even life at home.
- At least 2 million Americans suffer from bipolar disorder, more commonly known as manic-depression. This illness usually begins in adolescence or early adulthood and continues throughout life. Although it may come into affect at any time, most individuals with the disorder experience their first mood episode in their 20 s.
- Social scientists guaranteed them that community-based care would be in the best interests of all concerned: the mentally ill and the general, tax-paying public (Barry 13).
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- The high level of teenage births continues to create numerous problems for social services, parents and the public at large. At the beginning of a new century, reducing teenage childbearing remains a challenge to social scientists, service providers and public officials.
- Ego States Theory was developed to explain why some adults intermittently behave like children. According to Ego States Theory, we all start out life as a collection of unintegrated ego states, such as “Happy baby”, “Hungry baby”, “Scared baby”, “Mad baby”, and “Sleepy baby”.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among adolescents 15 19 years of age with homicide ranking the third most common way of death (King ). In the year 1994 alone, 2,270 teen s lives were abruptly ended when they decided to commit suicide. Possibly as many as 4,500 youth suicides and 900,00 youth suicide attempts could of actually occurred considering that medical examiners underreport suicides by 25 50%, and that 100 to 200 attempts occur per youth suicide completion (King ).
- The disorder occurs at least four times more often in boys than in girls. Although the symptoms sometimes disappear with age, ADHD can persist into adolescence and adulthood. Some estimates show that up to percent of adults have ADHD.
- On April 20, 1999, two high school students by the names of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold carefully and maliciously planned a massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado They killed fifteen people, one being a teacher, and left twenty-three in need of hospitalization before finally turning their guns on themselves This event influenced Elliot Aronson to write his book, Nobody Left To Hate, in hopes to educate people on why such travesties occur within our schools, and?most importantly?what we as a society can do to prevent not only these acts of violence themselves, but to seek ou
- The community that we have chosen to assess is Springfield, Missouri. Springfield is located in Green County in Southwest. According to the USDC, Bureau of the Census in 1 the population estimate for the Springfield Metropolitan area was 308,332. The annual population growth rate is 1.
- In society today people continually raise the bar for athletes participating in competitive sports. Superior performance and successful execution has now become expected of the athlete. Every athlete faces the obstacle of finding the means to achieve such a high level of performance.
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder or Hyperactivity (ADHD), disorder beginning in childhood, characterized by a persistent inability to sit still, focus attention on specific tasks, and control impulses. Children with ADHD show these behaviors more frequently and severely than other children of the same age.
- Eating disorders are devastating behavioral maladies brought on by a complex interplay of factors, which may include emotional and personality disorders, family pressure, a possible genetic or biologic susceptibility, and a culture in which there is an overabundance of food and an obsession with thinness.
- Teenagers tend to commit suicide after large changes, significant losses, or abuse has occurred in their lives. An important change in a relationship, school or body image may contribute to a teenagers’ tendency to commit suicide. The death of a loved one, the loss of a valued relationship, and the loss of self esteem are some significant losses which might be a factor in teen suicide(”The Real World [Suicide: Facts],” 1).
- However those who can not handle these situations are ones that are prone to suicide. Many people believe that suicides are isolated incedents, but they are far from that. Suicide among teenagers is indeed an epidimic that should be focused on and dealt with immediately.
- J.D. Salinger is one of the most significant post-World War II American novelists, when he published his . The Catcher in the Rye x in 1951, he gained immediately a great reputation, especially among younger intellectuals. Shortly after the publishing, the book becomes assigned reading for a majority of high school and college English course, which proves his success in another way.
- The mysteries surrounding the complexity of the brain and how it works has led scientists in diverse fields to search for answers. Chemicals in the brain and the reactions that take place are being understood now more than ever due to continuing research in genetics, pharmacology, and mental illness.