В начале XX в. Россия стояла на пороге новых преобразований в области делопроизводства. Начинался процесс формирования теории делопроизводства, которы...полностью>>
Лоренцо Валла (Lorenzo Valla, 1407, Рим или Пьяченца — 1457, Рим), итальянский гуманист, родоначальник историко-филологической критики, представитель ...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
К числу субъектов гражданско-правовых отношений по российскому законодательству относятся в первую очередь люди - члены общества. Вместе с тем нередко...полностью>>
- Big feet, stampeding rhinoceroses, and barren sets are typical of the theatre of the absurd. The dramatic content, symbolism, and spectacles are an amazing thing to see and an impossibility to comprehend. The philosophy of the absurd and the dawn of mankind influenced these plays in the twentieth century.
- 4. Simplicity La Bruy?re, knowing that many writers make the mistake of expressing simple things in a complex way, gave this advice to writers: “if you want to say that it is raining, say: ‘It is raining’.” Simplicity is the mark of good prose, and it’s also a virtue in other branches of culture, such as architecture.
- The people of the North were not as affectionate towards this type of music. Although, the more time that had passed in the 1 00’s, the more popular the baroque music became. It was greatly adored by the listeners. The beauty that this type of music contained was extremely astonishing.
- Few events of the twentieth century have been as ideologically charged as America s involvement in Vietnam. The Vietnam experience has had a long lasting effect on American foreign policy to this day. The study of the United State s involvement in Vietnam involves the examination of many issues, since the conflict and American involvement in it had spanned the better part of thirty years.
- One means the emotions that are motive, that have life in them and legs under them, whether they crawl underneath the surface of things or come out above the surface and face a world.
- Paul Goodman addresses this issue in the excerpt, Patriotism , from the novel, Growing Up Absurd. In this piece, Goodman attempts to identify some of the key factors which have contributed to the decline of patriotism, ultimately placing the responsibility on many of society s affluent institutions and beliefs.
- The Electric Circus began as a popular New York nightclub, complete with pulsating lights, fragmented pieces of movies, colored patterns and slides sweeping the mirrored walls, strip lighting writhing on the floor, flashing on and off like a demented snake who’s swallowed phosphorus.
- Millions of people pour into movie theatres every weekend. There are movies about sports, romance, politics, and Science Fiction. They are meant to entertain people, however many people actually leave a theatre believing what they just saw. There are movies where some evil genius devises a cloning machine, where someone just walks into and out he comes along with his clone.
- Western drama has evolved much since its development and introduction into Greek society. In it?s earliest form drama was a free and artistic endeavor. Writers wrote for their love of the art and to express their own personal beliefs. However, as drama proliferated across the western world, and over the centuries, it became a way for those who were financially affluent to show off their wealth.
- Morris (Morrie) Ryskind was born to Abraham and Ida (Etelson) Ryskind on October 20, 1895 in Brooklyn, New York. Ryskind graduated from Townsend Harris High School in 1912 and from there, went on to Columbia University School of Journalism. At Columbia, Ryskind was the editor of The Jester.
- A mock documentary is successful when it is able to combine both the appearance of historically accurate elements and present believable situations through a false lens, leading the audience to question the reality of what they are seeing. The genre of false documentary aims to present a convincing story through the use of credible documentary tactics to portray a “fictional documentary.
- Our understanding of Edward Albee’s achievement in The American Dream (1960) has come a long way since 1961 when Martin Esslin hailed it as a “brilliant first example of an American contribution to the Theatre of the Absurd”1 and 1966 when Nicholas Canaday, Jr.
- In modern works on late Republican Rome, the 50’s BC are characterised as an age of street gangs, massacres and rampant political violence. Scholars see the battles between Clodius, Milo and Sestius in 57, the electoral and legislative tumults of 55 and the unceasing gang warfare of 53; they read the lurid accounts of Cicero, depicting the sewers clogged with corpses, people feigning death under piles of bodies, and the streets having to be swabbed clean of blood (Pro Sest.
- Фразеологизм употребляется как некоторое целое, не подлежащее дальнейшему разложению и обычно не допускающее внутри себя перестановки своих частей. Семантическая слитность фразеологизмов может варьировать в достаточно широких пределах: от невыводимости значения фразеологизма из составляющих его слов во фразеологических сращениях (идиомах) до фразеологических сочетаний со смыслом, вытекающим из значений составляющих сочетания.
- Изображение учебника «Английский язык: учеб. для 9 кл. общеобразо-ват. учреждений / [В.П. Кузовлев, Н.М. Лапа, Э.Ш. Перегудова и др.] -12-е изд. - М.: Просвещение, 2007» приведено на обложке данного издания исключительно в качестве иллюстративного материала (ст.