О пьянстве и курении, алкоголизме - вредных для здоровья факторах – говорилось и говорится очень много. Иногда их очень мягко называют «вредными привы...полностью>>
In ancient Greece, men who died in war fulfilled the civic ideal to the utmost. The women, destined to live out a degrading life, died in bed. Certain...полностью>>
В период расцвета мультимедийных технологий информационное пространство все больше пропитывается рекламой. Интегрированность рекламы в большинство соц...полностью>>
- The years since WWII have held many, many important events that have shaped the course of human history. Technology has advanced us to the point of near-instantaneous communication, and great enlightenment. Great leaders and exemplary societal figures have come and gone, leaving behind them legacies for all to remember.
- The novels, Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, and The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston are two works by female authors which celebrate the individuality and strength of women. In both cases, the characters portrayed in the novels are stark contrasts to both the typical females and males depicted in both early and contemporary works by many male authors.
- The are three mountain ranges in Colombia that form the Andes. These are known as Cordilleras, which means range. The Cordillera Occidental is 80 miles long and is about ,500 ft. high. This range is on the western area that stretches from the equator to the Caribbean Sea.
- At the down of their history the peoples on this planet lived in primitive societies. These primitive peoples, wherever they lived, began their long path of progress with stone tools, but they didn’t reach the same time level of civilizations at the same time in different countries.
- The Internet has emerged as a dynamic new communications medium at an astounding pace in recent years. It enables the exchange of text, sound, video and images between millions of individuals from all around the world in a manner not possible via traditional media.
- Understanding the history of Central America is quite impossible without an examination of the United States” efforts at ensuring stable markets for the proprietor of 70% of the world’’s banana supply, the Boston-based United Fruit Company (UFCO). This paper attempts to explore the relationship between the UFCO, the State Department, and Guatemala between 1944 and 1954, a time when Guatemalans began to challenge United Fruit’’s domination of Guatemala on both a geographic and economic level.
- The modern world system of the central bank was created relative recently Until to middle 18 century commercial and central banks did not differ With the development of credit system there is a process of centralization banknote issues in some of commercial banks Thus the monopoly rights on issues of banknotes gradually fixed only to one bank Such bank in differen time called differently First – national , and then central , that answered its managing role in credit system of the certain country
- On the morning of Tuesday October 16, 1962, President John F. Kennedy was reading the Tuesday morning newspapers in his bed at the Whitehouse. Not twenty fours hours before, McGeorge Bundy, Kennedy’s national security adviser, received the results of Major Richard S.
- The Geographical Society of Paris organized a committee in 1876 to seek international cooperation for studies to fill in gaps in the geographical knowledge of the Central American area for the purpose of building an interoceanic canal. The committee, a limited company, La Soci?t? Civile Internationale du Canal Interoc?anique de Darien, was headed by Ferdinand de Lesseps.
- If “taxation without representation” could rally the colonists against the British Crown in 1776, tight money and ruinous interest rates might be cause for populist revolt in our own day. Federal Reserve monetary policy also has onerous social burdens, measured by huge changes in aggregate output, income, and employment.
- In lay language, sociological explanations of crime place the blame on something social that is prior to, external to, and compelling of any particular person.
- One of the main questions concerning flashbulb memories is their relationship to other types of memory. There are many proposed divisions and sub-divisions of human memory, such as working memory, procedural memory, semantic memory or episodic memory.
- In 1535, some years after the fall of the Aztec capital, the basic form of colonial government in Mexico was instituted with the appointment of the first Spanish viceroy, Antonio de Mendoza.
- To the extent that Europe grows faster, becomes a more effective economy, they become an important trading partner of the United States…It is conceivable that the euro will rise as a significant currency in the world. And that’s good, not bad. –Alan Greenspan Introduction On January 1, 1 , eleven European nations began to use a common currency, the euro.
- Hemingway’s symbolic portrayal of women may be best revealed through an investigation of the much-maligned heroine of The Sun Also Rises, Lady Brett Ashley. Popular opinion dismisses her as a shallow, selfish, vain, alcoholic bitch. (”Bitch”, though admittedly crude in casual conversation and a term I despise, is the technical term the critics have assigned to the Hemingway heroines they don’t particularly like.
- The Internet (or “Information Superhighway”) has grown quite beyond the novelty that it was once thought to have been. The Internet is no longer the playground of computer techies or pocket-protector wearing nerds. The Internet has become a community forum, a place of business, a vast source of information, as well as a constantly changing source of entertainment.
- The United States of America has the highest rate of gun-related deaths of any nations in the world, and yet has some of the most liberal policies of gun control. Very few laws exist that limit the sale, or trade of guns. Controversy surrounds this issue, with both sides touting statistics and surveys to support their case.
- The United Nations is an organization of sovereign nations not a world government. It provides the machinery to help find solutions to disputes or problems, and to deal with virtually any matter of concern to humanity.It does not legislate like a national parliament.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower once said, ?Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signified, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold but not clothed.? There was never a war that this idea can be more correct applied to than the Cold War.
- The historical Thomas More, the author of Utopia, was an extraordinarily complicated man who tied up all the threads of his life in his heroic death. The Utopia is the sort of complicated book that we should expect from so complicated a man. It is heavy with irony, but then irony was the experience of life in the Sixteenth Century.