Ритуал прийняття військової присяги як клятви воїна на вірність своєму народові, Вітчизні існує з давніх-давен. На території сучасної України його з...полностью>>
В результате этого, тогдашний министр Внутренних Дел Республики Молдова Ион Косташ собрался перевести 300-й полк воздушно-десантных войск, дислоцирова...полностью>>
Wir haben Tischtennis da gespielt. Mein Freund hat gewonnen aber es hat mir gut gefallen. Obwohl es viel Spaß gemacht hat, war ich traurig, als die Fe...полностью>>
- I.It is important to reflect one?s own national and cultural identity to understand what is different among people of different nations. History teaches us that culture always changes because of internal or external influences, even our own cultures and values change over time.
- America? land of the free and home of the brave; the utopian society which every European citizen desired to be a part of in the 18th and 19th centuries. The revolutionary ideas of The Age of Enlightenment such as democracy and universal male suffrage were finally becoming a reality to the philosophers and scholars that so elegantly dreamt of them.
- Andrew Crawley describes in his book ( England ), the English people as being profoundly conservative.The English men feel, instinctively, that the present is not only the creation of the contemporaries, but also the result of the work of many past generations.
- It can be argued that the vanguard of development has always been reflected in the arts of a culture. It is the poets, the dreamers and artists who are the architects of the future; the ones who build the world they want to live in, the ones who dream out loud 1.
- Not just the backdrop to their experience, but their experience itself. In the 19 0s and 30s, liberal democracy was faced with a grave crisis and its greatest challenge.
- INTRODUCTION Philippines, republic in the western Pacific Ocean, made up of the Philippine Islands and forming in physical geography a part of the Malay Archipelago. Situated about 1210 km (about 750 mi.) east of the coast of Vietnam, the Philippines is separated from Taiwan on the north by the Bashi Channel.
- Courtly Love, code of behavior that defined the relationship between aristocratic lovers in Western Europe during the Middle Ages. The Idea of courtly love developed among the higher classes of Europe during the late-1100s. The idea of courtly love was that a man passionately devoted himself to a lady who was married or engaged to another man.
- I was always fascinated with the Egyptians and their way of life. The way they utilized the water, the land and the tools still amaze me to this day. The art was something that would astound you. And the Pyramids and temples are breathtaking wonders. The New Kingdom is one of the most interesting periods of the Egyptian Empire.
- Physical Geography Nova Scotia can be divided into four major geographical regions-the Atlantic Uplands, the Nova Scotia Highlands, the Annapolis Lowland, and the Maritime Plain. The Atlantic Uplands, which occupy most of the southern part of the province, are made up of ancient resistant rocks largely overlain by rocky glacial deposits.
- Zen Buddhism began to show up in Japan during the eighth century. It went through various periods of popularity and disregard, but constituted one of the most important influences on Japanese culture. All Buddhist temples include gardens. The first temple gardens evolved from well-groomed landscaping around Shinto shrines.
- In the novel, The Rise of Silas Lapham, William Dean Howells makes a particular point about the morals of an individual in the business world. His point is that an individual, such as Silas, must check their morals at the door if they have any plans to make it in the business world.
- At the end of the 18th century a revolution in energy and industry began in England and spread rapidly all around Europe later in the 19th century, bringing about dramatic and radical change. A significant impact of the Industrial Revolution was that on urban society.
- Mary Stevenson Cassatt was a strong and opinionated feminist, as well as a talented artist who changed her style significantly as her life changed. Cassatt?s start, meeting Degas, her influences, work, significance to the Gilded Age, the public?s opinion, and views on women?s issues were major segments of her life.
- In this essay I shall attempt to discuss some of the many key characteristics of modernity with an overview of politics and history relevant to modernity and later focus on the Bauhaus movement to articulate some of these key characteristics in more detail.
- Long ago, a great controversy arose between Israel and the Palestinians. Israel believed it should have the right to the Holy Land; including the city of Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights. At the same time, the Palestinians believed that they had the same rights.
- Romanticism was a European cultural revolt against authority, tradition, and Classical order (the Enlightenment); this movement permeated Western Civilization over a period that approximately dated from the late 18th to the mid-19th century. In general, Romanticism is that attitude or state of mind that focuses on the individual, the subjective, the irrational, the creative, and the emotional.
- In “Ode to the West Wind,” Shelley implores the West Wind, a powerful force of nature that Shelley identifies with his rapidly-changing reality, to “lift me as a wave, a leaf, a cloud!” He also expresses his almost-melancholy wish that he could be as
- is the theoretical study of the arts and related types of behavior and experience. It is traditionally regarded as a branch of philosophy, concerned with the understanding of beauty and its manifestations in art and nature. However, in the latter 20th century there developed a tendency to treat it as an independent science, concerned with investigating the phenomena of art and its place in human life.
- Origami originated in many different places. It was used as far back as 1185, in the Japanese Heian period. The origins of origami are still in dispute, but it seems that all countries say they started it. Of these, China, Japan, Indonesia, and Korea all claim ownership.
- Electrical Engineers research, develop, design, and test electronic components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, and scientific applications (Cosgrove 749). They are concerned with devices that use small amounts of electricity that make up electronic components such as integrated circuits and microprocessors.