Успіх стаціонарного лікування хворих залежить від багатьох чинників. Перш за все, це оптимізація лікарняного середовища. Для успішного лікування та шв...полностью>>
Зовнішня пам'ять комп'ютера призначена для довготривалого зберігання програм та даних. Організовується на дисках та магнітних стрічках. Магнітні диски...полностью>>
Литература и русский язык->Краткое содержание
Автор: Гримм.У отца было 2 сына: старший — умный, но трусливый, и младший — дурак, который не умел бояться. Отец пристроил его к дъячку, обещавшему по...полностью>>
Головна мета діяльності медичних працівників - повне І швидке відновлення здоров'я пацієнтів. Проте не менш важливим є створення сприятливих умов дл...полностью>>
- Aldous Huxley?s Brave New World, and George Orwell?s 1984 and Animal Farm each make commentary regarding the governing of society. Each story involves a so called perfect society, or Utopia. The people are given what they want, only to discover it wasn?t really what they desired.
- The next important work by George Orwell was published in 1930. It was called Down And Out In Paris And London. The original version of this book entiteled “A Scullion’s Diary” was completed in October 1930 and came to only 35, words because Orwell has used only a part of his material.
- The IOC was created in Paris in 1894 as an independent committee selecting its own members but "to begin the process, however, Coubertin himself chose the first 15 members"(White 0).
- Gun Control, a term that refers to the management of firearms in an effort to reduce the criminal use of these weapons. (MICROSOFT (R) ENCARTA 1995) In the early 1990s there were more than 200 million privately owned guns in the United States, which makes it plain to see why there are arguments for and against even the smallest amount of gun control.
- Throughout the book Orwell shows how the lives of the Outer Party and Proles are controlled from life till death. The main character Winston Smith is a member of the Outer Party which purpose in life is to work for Big Brother. Big Brother is divided into 4 divisions of government, the Ministry of Truth responsible for education and news, the Ministry of Peace responsible for war, the Ministry of Plenty responsible for the economy, and the Ministry of Love responsible for law.
- On any given day in the United States… 10,657 babies are born. (US Census Bureau). Twenty of these babies are born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Twenty may seem as though it is not a lot, but when you compare it to the fact that this number is more than HIV positive, Muscular Dystrophy, Spina Bifida and Down Syndrome combine it creates a whole new parameter.
- Canadian Temperance groups began to rally for prohibition during the 1840’s and 1850’s. It was not until after World War I began in 1914, that the temperance groups’ support for prohibition grew. A need for grain for the armed forces was viewed as a major catalyst for Canada’s Prohibition Law.
- Confucius was born into minor aristocracy and was of noble status. Upon the death of his mother, Confucius followed the prevailing custom of going into seclusion for three years; it was in this time he began examining ways of improving himself. He was a self-made scholar and an expert in the code of li, the code of etiquette.
- P.1 “Unions are groups of working people who join to talk to employers about wages and conditions of work instead of workers talking to employers on an individual basis.”1 Because they speak for everybody, unions can get a better deal for each worker than one employee could by negotiating with the employer.
- The lives of thousands, the calm, the friendship and the peace were all taken away when an existing Government lost its power following the elections in India in. To what extent will one go to regain lost power? And how much is it worth? These are questions that one encounters when reading about the notorious Operation Blue star.
- International observers have monitored national elections in Haiti since the ouster of Jean-Claude Duvalier in 1986. In the violence plagued elections that took place in 1987, foreign election observers put themselves at significant risk. Representatives from multilateral, nongovernmental, civilian, and military organizations were also present throughout the months of campaigning, during, and after Election Day in the 1990, 1991, 1995, and 1997 elections.
- Nearly half of Sub Saharan Africa’s 45 independent countries encounter frequent serious food crises. Ethiopia, one of the world’s larger countries, has long been plagues with the torment of poverty, illiteracy, hunger and disease. Famine, a reduction in everyday food supply, is a widespread problem that can strike in any corner of the developing world.
- As a general on the parliamentary side of the English Civil War vs. Charles I, Cromwell helped bring about the overthrow of the Stuart monarchy, and he raised his country’s status to that of a leading European power since the death of Queen Elizabeth I.
- George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four is the ultimate negative utopia. Written in 1949 as an apocalyptic vision of the future, it shows the cruelty and pure horror of living in an utterly totalitarian world where all traces of individualism are being abolished.
- The truck sped down Beirut s airport road, quickly arriving outside the heavily guarded walls of its target. The driver ignored the shouted orders to stop and crashed the truck through a flimsy wooden barricade. In front of him stood a long, concrete building.
- This research examines the development of fascism and ultranationalism in contemporary Croatia, Hungary, and Serbia. Fascism and ultranationalism are not one and the same thing. While a fascist likely will be an ultranationalist (and will certainly be nationalistic), an ultranationalist need not necessarily be a fascist.
- ” Today those designated groups, underrepresented in the labour force include women, Aboriginal peoples, disabled people, and persons who are, because of their race or colour, is a visible minority in Canada.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- Doctor Chandler Gilman once said, In women, inferiority of the locomotive apparatus of physical labour, is apparent in all parts The brain is both absolutely and relatively smaller than in men. Women have an abundant supply of soft and semi-fluid cellular tissue which creates softness and delicacy of mind, low power, nonresistance, passivity and under favourable circumstances, a habit of self-sacrifice.
- The word politics comes from the Greek word “polis”, meaning the state or community as a whole. The concept of the “polis” was an ideal state and came from the writings of great political thinkers such as Plato and Aristotle.