Слово “статистика” приходить від латинського слова status (стан), яке уживалося в значенні “Політичний стан” Звідси італійські слова stato - держава і...полностью>>
Выбрав тему «теория потребительского выбора», в первую очередь, хотелось бы отметить, что рассматривать ее я буду не только с точки зрения экономики, ...полностью>>
К важнейшим направлениям научно-технического прогресса относятся автоматизация производства, широкое применение компьютеров и роботов, создание гибких...полностью>>
- These lyrics, this song, sung today by Madonna, and years ago, a song that my Dad probably sung..as written by Don Mclean in the 70’s, symbolized for many an aspect of America of the 60’s and 70’s. Who was the American, and what did it mean to be American?
- The Treaty of Versailles was not a justified treaty which created German feelings of revenge and dislike towards the victorious countries. This feeling of revenge felt by Germany, in addition with the social atmosphere of Europe, led to a second World War in the September of 1939, just 11 years after the first World War.
- With a lock of hair falling over his forehead and a square little mustache on his often, somber face, Adolf Hitler seemed a comical figure when he first entered into politics. He was a public speaker who ranted and raved until his voice was hoarse and sweat dripped from his brow.
- (1) After the end of World War II, all involved countries, with no exception of being victorious or defeated, have started seeking of the prevention of a new disaster by reconstructing and maintaining the security and peace primarily in Europe. All huge and disastrous events (such as World Wars) which affected whole world were originated from the uncomfortable conditions and conflicts in the continent.
- WWII INVOLVMENT OF ARTS IN WORLD WAR II OUTLINE: Thesis: During W.W.II, there was a great effort on the home front to help keep up morale of the troops and to provide support in any way possible. One very effective way to support the troops was by use of arts including movie stars, singers, actors, and actresses.
- In June 1914: A young man in Sarajevo steps up to a carriage and fires hispistol. The Archduke Ferdinand dies. Within weeks, the first world warbegan. In the 1940s: The French resistance kill occupying troops when andhow they can. In June 1944: at Oradour-sur-Glane, in Central France,German SS troops take revenge, massacring 642 villagers.
- World War II forced two giants, United States and the Soviet Union, to put their differences aside in the name of conquering a more threatening force, Hitler and his Nazi armies. Yet, already in the three conferences, starting with meeting in Teheran in 1943, the Yalta talks in February 1945, and the Berlin (Potsdam) Conference in August 1945, it was obvious that the alliance would not last in peacetime.
- Since the onset of the United States, Americans have always viewed the future in two ways; one, as the perfect society with a perfect government, or two, as a communistic hell where free will no longer exists and no one is happy.
- According to a survey performed for the Defense Department in 1996, it was found that the majority of U.S. citizens believe that the government withholds too much information by classifying it as a secret. In this book, ?Secrecy: The American Experience?, Senator Daniel P.
- Summer of 1898, a young pharmacist Caleb Bradham looking for ways to attract people to his pharmacy invented the beverage now known around the world as Pepsi-Cola. After the first advertisement the sales of the new soft drink began to go up. Knowing the importance of good distribution system Pepsi was one of the first to switch from horse drawn transport to motor vehicles.
- Did you know that people with blonde hair have low I.Q.s? Or that people less than five feet tall are more likely to spread a disease? How about that people with brown eyes are really worshipers of Satan? That did not sound very logical, did it? No, you know that people with blonde hair can be as smart or as unintelligent as the next person, that short people are not necessarily better hosts to disease, and that people with brown eyes can believe in whatever they want.
- The Cold War was a response to the perceived threat by the United States that Communism would interfere with national security and economic stakes in the world. It was a perceived threat by communist countries that the United States would take to the world.
- Harry S. Truman, the 33rd president from 1945-1953 greatly exaggerated Russia s power and scared the U.S. citizens and government into a Cold War and power struggle. After World War II it was inevitable there would be a power struggle, as the two most powerful yet completely different countries, Russia and the US emerged as the world leaders.
- The Vietnam War was one of the most tragic wars in American history. The affects it had on the American people were tremendous. Even today many Americans have the frightening, unforgettable memories of the war. The war was accounted to be over in 1973, but Americans still suffer the aftershocks of a national trauma that has left the nation bitterly divided and estranged from its ideals.
- The United States has had a history of espionage with the Soviet Union and other communist countries since the end of World War II and the beginning of the Cold War. This essay deals with how the United States has dealt with other countries espionage as well as their own.
- It could rip through walls and tear down houses like the devils wrecking ball. In Hiroshima it killed 100, people, most non-military civilians. Three days later in Nagasaki it killed roughly 40, . The immediate effects of these bombings were simple.
- murder, extermination, enslavement, deportation, and other inhumane acts committed against any civilian population, before or during the war, or persecutions on political, racial or religious grounds in execution of or in connection with any crime within the jurisdiction of the Tribunal, whether or not in violation of the domestic law of the country where perpetrated.
- CENTRAL AMERICA At the time of the discovery of Central America by Christopher Columbus in 1502, highly civilized Maya and Nahua Indians inhabited the westernmost part of the isthmus. The impressive ruins of Tikal in Guatemala, Copan in Honduras, and Tazumal in El Salvador are relics of that civilization.
- There have been people from many different countries, nations, and religions who have decided to migrate from other places to the United States throughout history. But perhaps none have come in more mass than the Chinese. With declining economic and political conditions at home, many literally saw coming to the United States as a “golden” opportunity.
- Since the Dutch first colonized what is now New York, this seaport city has welcomed millions of people to America’s shores. They have come from all four corners of the world: from England to Ethiopia, Italy to Indonesia and Turkey to Thailand. Between 1855 (the year New York’s official immigration center at Castle Garden opened) to 1880, the largest numbers of immigrants to theUnited States were from Ireland and Germany.