По каждой группе и в целом по всем предприятиям определить: число предприятий, объем продукции, среднесписочное число работников, среднегодовую стоимо...полностью>>
Для того чтобы практически оценить конкурентоспособность организаций ЖКХ, необходимо собрать разнообразную информацию об имеющихся предприятиях, произ...полностью>>
Эпоха религиозных войн, фрагментами которой оказались и первые буржуазные революции (нидерландская и английская), привела к глубокой секуляризации общ...полностью>>
Практика показывает, что производство того или иного товара становится прибыльным, если предприятие функционирует на уровне, близком к уровню проектно...полностью>>
- Korean War is often referred to as the forgotten war. There exist no monuments in Washington D.C. to acknowledge the thousands of American soldiers who fought valiantly and died for their country’s political interests. There are no annual parades, and little information in text books to shed light on the war.
- The choice to bomb the World Trade Center was more than symbolic. The collapse of the towers has coincided with an already slowing global economy and was probably intended to cause as much economic as physical harm. The crisis will have deep economic repercussions in a number of areas; while some parts of the economy will be hurt, other sectors may actually benefit, and it is possible that increased defense spending could stimulate the slowing economy in the short run.
- A cry rang out, June 24, 1950, from a small country half way around the world and America listened. Korea was engaged in a civil war as an attempt to keep North Korea from thrusting its influence on South Korea. Communist Russia and China were strong supporters of the North, and to keep Communism contained the United States sent troops to the South.
- There are twelve main things that have been being studied in depth lately by sociologists. They include: spanking, child abuse, spouse abuse, the punishment for the offenders, gun control, the media s affect on violence, the role sports play in violence, the role religion plays in violence, pacifism, and international violence.
- Most people would think that wars are launched because a country needs more territory, or because a country’s borders are threatened, or because of appeasement. The real reason for war is that countries begin to feel that their honor is threatened; they feel that other nations are not giving them the worth and dignity they deserve, and so they take to the battlefield.
- The American President Nixon’s historic trip to China in February 1972 marked the beginning of a new era in Sino-American relations. For the first time since 1949, the two countries established high-level official contacts and transformed their relationship from confrontation to collaboration.
- George Smith Patton, Jr., “Old Blood and Guts,” was a very important American. He is most famous for his contributions to World War I and World War II. He was considered one of the greatest generals in World War II. From harsh discipline to his attack on the Germans without notification to his heroic behavior, George Smith Patton, Jr.
- All of it was done through the CIA and was meant as a quick source of funding to overthrow a hostile regime in Nicaragua. Yet, there was no care given for the long term consequences.
- LABOR IN AMERICA By Ira Peck (Scholastic Inc.) The Industrial Revolution was dawning in the United States. At Lowell, Massachusetts, the construction of a big cotton mill began in 1821. It was the first of several that would be built there in the next 10 years.
- Everyone?s opinion is different, some say one thing, some say another but the big question is, who was to blame for the Cold War? The United States of America? The Soviet Union? Maybe it was inevitable and bound to happen, but maybe it was partly both of their faults.
- Vietnam War, military struggle fought in Vietnam from 1959 to 1975, involving the North Vietnamese and the National Liberation Front (NLF) in conflict with United States forces and the South Vietnamese army. From 1946 until 1954, the Vietnamese had struggled for their independence from France during the First Indochina War.
- While looking for two designs to examine for this final paper, I came upon the New York Worlds Fair Poster designed by Joseph Binder and a poster entitled Victory 1945 by Shigeo Fukuda. In looking at both of these designs and comparing and contrasting them, I wish to show just how significantly large scale cultural issues can effect the collective conscious of a society and the resulting every day designs and images that they are subjected to.
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki:The Decision to Use the Atomic Bomb In early August 1945 atomic bombs were dropped on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. These two bombs quickly yielded the surrender of Japan and the end of American involvement in World War II.
- The book is told from Jeanne?s own experiences in her own town, how her peers at school treated her, and what it was like being uprooted from their home and being put into the Japanese internment camp of Manzanar. The book with the news of Pearl Harbor, and the reactions from the Wakatsuki family.
- War, war is a term meaning; a concerted effort or campaign to combat or put an end to something considered injurious. In the dictionaries there aren?t any words of neither segregation, nor does it include that one race is inferior to others in times of war.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, popularly known as FDR, was born on January 30, 1882 at the family estate in Hyde Park, New York. His father, James, graduated from Harvard Law School, married, had a son, and took over his family?s rights in coal and transportation.
- The Cold War is the term used to describe the intense rivalry between the United States and its allies and the Union of Soviet Socialists Republics and its allies. The Soviet Union and its allies were refereed to as the Eastern Bloc and the United States and its allies were referred to as the Western Bloc.
- Let’s face it, in The United States, we do not understand cricket, we do not understand tea, and we certainly do not understand hidden emotions. Of course there is more to Britain than these cultural icons, just like America is not just made of cowboys from “Dallas” and loud egotistic tourists.
- In the golden summer before World War I, the inventions and discoveries of the late 19th century transformed North American life. Automobiles shortened (or at least seemed to) the miles; airplanes fulfilled humanity s dream of mechanized flight. Electric light was now commonplace, and the telephone was rapidly building communication networks across the North American continent.
- Most people, nowadays, want to become wealthy and live in the lap of luxury. Everyone wants that million dollars, and to make it to the Promise Land. We use literature to spill our thoughts and tell stories about history. History and literature are linked in that they depend on each other for existence.