Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
My Life Essay, Research Paper
I never really thought about where my life was going. I always believed life took my where I wanted to go, I never thought that I was the one who took myself were I wanted to go. Once I entered high school I changed the way I thought. This is why I chose to go to college. I believe that college will give me the keys to unlock the doors of life. This way I can choose for myself where I go instead of someone choosing for me.
I have chosen to go to the local community college to get used to the college experience. College life can be an exciting time but at the same time it can be a challenge. I feel that starting out at the community college would be a better chose than “jumping” into life at a four-year university.
Most of my life has been focused on my career. I never really thought about my life outside of high school until my junior year. It was not until this year that I realized all the things that were involved with my career interests. Although I am very committed to my career choices. I have chosen to major in elementary education and minor in photography.
I chose to major in elementary education because of my love for children . I enjoy working with children, I feel that they have an entirely different way of looking at the world. I want to make a difference in the lives of children. I want to improve their lives, but at the same time make it fun and interesting instead of dull and tedious. Children naturally have a short attention span. I have worked in an elementary school for four years, and I have learned that to keep children entertained but at the same time teaching them.
America has a high demand for elementary school educators. Most people don’t have an interest in being educators because they have no patients with children. The romance of being a teacher has extinguished. I know this is what I want to do with my life. I want to be a positive influence in the lives of children. I want to be able to stand up and show the children that it is okay to be yourself and stand up for what you believe in.
I am a well round student. For nine years I was actively involved in a girls organization. This experience taught me many things. We were actively involved in community service activities, for which I received the Silver Award. ( The second highest award in the organization.) I learned about the value of friendship and patients with others. This organization first introduced me to my future career.
I was also involved for three and a half years in a student government club on campus. In this club I learned many life lessons. One of which was the value of hard work. I was one of the few people that organized the Junior/Senior Prom of 2000. My responsibilities included planning corranation, buying and organizing decorations, planning the busing schedule, booking the photographers, fundraising, ect. This taught me about hard work. But the best part of it was going to Prom knowing I was one of the only reasons that it happened.
As far as school goes, my schedule is very diverse. I am taking child development lab, which is a class where students from my high school can go to the local elementary schools and work one on one with the students. I have work in the elementary school for two and a half years. I work with low readers, teach math, science and social studies. Another period I have devoted to auto mechanics. To me this is one of the most important classes of the day. I take this period very seriously. I think that the day when girls stand on the side of the road helpless should be over. I think that a girl should be able to look under the hood and have an idea of how everything looks. In the future this experience will save me money. I stead of having my car fixed I can fix it my self and save money by not paying a mechanic. This year I have decided to get involved further with my school by being the school mascot and dance team manager. This position requires a lot of time and commitment. Athough this has taught me that no matter how hard things get you most stick it out because of your commitment.
I think the most influential people in my life are my parents. They are always there when I need them and sometimes when I think that I don’t. They have taught me the value of honesty. I feel that they are the soul reason why I turned out the way I did. I don’t drink or do drugs because they have taught me they are wrong and unhealthy. I was taught to respect my self as well as others.
- My Life Essay, Research Paper Jeff KetchamMay 22, 2000 Autobiography ... reason never quite set in until I was ten, the time of my life ... hook out of my finger. My cousin decided to never try to ... some people I could possibly live with and never grow tired of being ...
- My Life Essay, Research Paper To be given the chance ... of the greatest times of my life. I played little league for four ... ball was taking bounces I had never seen before. The final inning ... made my little league career so great for the rest of my life.
- Show Me Love Essay, Research Paper Show me Love In William Faulkner?s ... in turn has never learned how to love. Faulkner is showing ... how Christmas has never received any love. It is important ... that Joe never receives any love, and therefore cannot love anyone, ...
- ... In My Life Essay, Research Paper Rachel Larson Question 20-21 1st Paradox My athletic experiences ... player with player. Though I have never experienced this, which I know of ... never bothered me because I was also raised to be a lady. My parents raised me ...
- My Lost Love Essay, Research Paper My Lost Love It was ever so ... floor. I couldn’t stand it. Love never hurt me this much. I can’t believe ... and I promised each other we would never drink at parties. ... is for sure, love has never hurt me this much before. ...