Looks really do matter, no matter how many people disagree with
that statement. The first impression does make that big of an
impact, but whoever made up that statement as to, “Beauty being in the
eye of the beholder” perhaps they are right. Perhaps beauty is formed
in the eye of the beholder. But we, as humans will always be
superficial and judge others on their looks. Very few people in life
get away with their character and intelligence. I find myself to be
beautiful but not drop dead gorgeous, well okay on some days I do. So
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” Everyone has their special
qualities in life. But what happens to the one born with a disability?
As a child I had many friends, being the outgoing person that I
am. I have always been friendly with everyone; the attractive
and not so attractive. Even the girl who had a crooked face. I always
wondered what happened to her and how she got deformed on the side of
her face, she looked so monstrous. Everyday I would see her sitting
alone at lunch, always the last one to leave the playground, playing
alone everyday, and she was so quiet as well. Kids used to make fun of
her everyday, which was very sad. I even feel bad, for I was one who
cracked jokes on occasion as well and laughed along with others. One
day though my parents had me walk home from school, for I didn’t live
very far and I saw this girl walking in front of me. She was walking
very slowly, staring down at the ground. I decided to say hi and we
talked while walking home together. After talking for a while I
realized that she is no different then any of us, and she is so sweet,
perhaps the sweetest person I have ever encountered in my life. How
could I ever make fun of someone like that? I felt so horrible and
apologized to her for ever making any mean comments and then I invited
her over to play. We became the very best of friends after that. It was
so hard though in school talking to her, I suppose I was embarrassed to
be seen with her, but after becoming good friends I no longer felt the
need to hide our friendship and soon others started talking with her as
well, I even introduced her to the rest of my friends and started
defending her when others made rude comments. I soon even found out why
her face was that way. Apparently she used to live in a abusive
household and the poor girl was burnt by her own father. So she was
jumping from foster home to foster home. She never had a stable life or
stayed in one school. So it was very difficult for her to make friends.
I realized then how fortunate I was to be born with no disabilities and
have a wonderful family. After that year in 4th grade she moved up
north and I will never forget our friendship, she taught me a very
valuable lesson and I have never looked at others differently from me.
We are all the same no matter how we look.
- Film Essay, Research Paper There really are two ways of looking at a movie when it is ... added by filmmakers advisedly, which appears a couple of time during the ... judge is not willing to do so. That gives a thought to ...
- Looks Can Be Deceiving Essay, Research Paper Looks Can Be Deceiving ... things, despite their mind-boggling appearance. Generally, however, most ... three people paid $9 each, we are looking at a total of ... , at which point you do not really have a paradox. As ...
- Search For Dark Matters Essay, Research Paper Looking for the Invisible: Search ... sky that we couldn t really directly see. So the ... MACHOs, although large, still appears to be too small to ... massive elementary particles that do not interact strongly with ...
- Really Roseanne Essay, Research Paper Roseanne Becomes A Role Model It ... t fit these generalizations. When looking back at what I gained ... script writing), it would have appeared to be a perfect time ... follow Roseanne s traits and do a spin-off. Nobody followed ...
- Paper Essay, Research Paper History has ... A.D. to the late 1700’s. Looking at a map of China ... Portuguese Jesuit, Father Jasper de Cruz who was a missionary ... contrast, the English never really developed their own style ... a tea bowl stand appears in the Tang dynasty ...