Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Ariel In The Tempest Essay, Research Paper
1.Thesis ? Shakespeare uses Ariel as a servant to prospero in the play, but also Ariel represents Prospero?s imagination in a non-literal aspect.
2.Ariel is magical, and he can change into many shapes i.e. fire, nymph, harpy.
3.Ariel is a prisoner of Prospero?s
4.Transition – Ariel is an intelligent, sneaky little spirit that Prospero has as a prisoner.
II.Body Paragraph #1
1.Ariel works for Prospero
2.He is a prisoner
3.Put in by Sycorax
4.Transition – Before he got set free he had to help Prospero with a little problem he had with Caliban and his crew.
III. Body Paragraph #2
1.Ariel stays loyal to Prospero until he is free
2.Ariel helps Prospero plot against Trinculo, Stephano, and Caliban
3.Ariel is set free
4.Transition – They then drove Caliban, Trinculo, and Stephano away so they couldn?t kill or hurt Prospero.
IV.Body Paragraph #3
1.Ariel has a sense of humor
2.Ariel is very intelligent
3.Ariel is very Creative
4.Transition – Ariel is so creative and how he is so intelligent and is a quick thinker.
1.Ariel gets imprisoned by Sycorax
2.Ariel keeps Respect
3.Ariel gets set free
Ariel, Prospero?s Prisoner
Shakespeare uses Ariel as a servant to prospero in the play, but also Ariel represents Prospero?s imagination in a non-literal aspect. Being magical, Ariel can change into many shapes like fire or a nymph. In a symbolic way Ariel functions as Prospero?s imagination. Ariel makes Prospero?s thoughts come to life. Also Ariel so intelligent, portrays a sneaky little spirit that Prospero has as a prisoner.
Prospero rescued Ariel from a long imprisonment at the hands of the witch Sycorax. Ariel, after being saved by Prospero was very loyal although he was not willing. All Ariel could think of was getting set free. ? Delicate Ariel, I?ll set thee free for this? (Act I, Scene II, Line 550). But as you can see from this quote before he?s set free he has to help Prospero with a little problem he had with Caliban and his crew.
Sycorax, Caliban?s dad imprisoned Ariel, know Caliban thinks he?s the rightful owner of the Island and he plans to kill Prospero. Know Arial and Prospero have to think of a first-rate plan, which they do. Prospero decides that Ariel will put very nice and Elegant pieces of clothing on the route to Prospero?s cave, so it would draw their attention and Ariel and Prospero can catch them. When Caliban, Trinculo, and Stephano were arguing over who got which item, Ariel gathered up his spirit friends to assume the position of hunting dogs. ?Fury, Fury, there tyrant, There! Hark, Hark?(Act IV, Scene I, Line 283). This quote portrays how they drove Caliban, Trinculo, and Stephano away so they couldn?t kill or hurt Prospero.
On the path to Prospero?s cave Ariel put a spell on Caliban, Trinculo, and Stephano and led them through fields filled with horse urine, and also horse fertilizer. ?Monster, I do smell horse piss? (Act IV, Scene I, Line 220). This quote portrays Ariel as a humorous being. He in essence played a embarrassing but humorous joke on his masters enemies. This also shows how Ariel?s creative side and how he?s so intelligent and a quick thinker.
Throughout the play Ariel?s quick thinking skills, and his respect and loyalty to Prospero got him set free. After they chased away Caliban, Trinculo, and Stephano Prospero said ?Then to the elements be free? (Act V, Scene I, Line 377). At this point Ariel was free for ever. All his hard work paid off, finally.
- Slavery In The Tempest Essay, Research Paper Slavery in The Tempest Slavery occurs on a widespread basis in The Tempest. Occurrence of slavery to ... , sir, in the line grove which weather-fends your cell.” Ariel is telling ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper From Storms to The Tempest William Shakespeare is undoubtedly the most celebrated playwright in history ... releases Ariel, the magical spirit whom he has enslaved throughout the play. The Tempest is ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper The Tempest The Tempest was written in the early Stuart period in England when masques were becoming ... as all the other spirits, weaving in the concept of the supernatural. Ariel also alludes ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper The Tempest. An Imperialist Heaven or Hell? Shakespeare lived and wrote in the ... paraded around the island in fear of nothing. Ariel enlightened them ... ,8/68-70) The harshness of Ariel?s speech throws the nobles back, ...
- The Tempest Essay, Research Paper Krunal Patel ENGOAO Mr. Fraser ... how some characters in the first act had their counterparts. Ariel had Caliban ... about in The Tempest. Contrast between the settings was also present in Act I. The tempest in the beginning of the ...