Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
YOUR FIRST YEAR BEHIND THE WHEEL
Your first year behind the wheel of a vehicle is said to be the most
dangerous year of a driver?s driving experience. The reason for this is because most
new drivers that start are at the age of sixteen. More teenage passenger deaths occur
when a sixteen year-old-driver is driving than when person of any other age is
behind the wheel. Many researchers have discovered the reason why teenage
crashes are so high. The experts say, one reason is the lack of driving experience.
Another reason is, as a group, teens are more willing to take risks, and not use their
There are ten good tips for a first year driver, although I think they apply to
drivers of all ages. The first tip is to never drink and drive, the statistics say out of
three thousand five hundred teens nine of them will die as a result of drunk driving.
Another tip is to limit the distractions around you, for example, while you are
driving do not fool around with your vehicles stereo system, the reason for this is
you can take your eyes off the road, which is very dangerous. The third tip is
When you or any of your passengers are in a moving vehicle you must
wear a seat belt, you can never predict a car accident. You should always allow
room in front of your vehicle because you might not know when they will press the
brakes. The fourth tip is to develop a good attitude while your are behind the
wheel. One way to do this is to drive when you are feeling calm, do not cut people
off or honk your horn at them, be patient and courteous, and never try to do thrill
seeking things like drag racing.
The fifth tip is never tailgate. Tailgating is when a driver is too close to the
vehicle in front of him/her, this is a very good tip because it tells you that you only
have a certain amount of time to react when the driver ahead of you stops. The
sixth tip is do not drive too fast it is the law that you stay within the speed limit. It is
also much safer. Don?t take turns at a fast speed when you are about to turn it is
important that you slow down before you begin the turn.
The seventh tip is perfect your city driving skills. Before you go anywhere it
is important for you to know where you are going, make sure that you know the
directions. Watch out for jaywalkers, they are the people that don?t cross the street
properly. Tip number eight is be alert of the weather, if the weather is bad, such as
heavy rain, you must be careful of the way you drive because of slippery roads. The
ninth tip is to watch out for erratic drivers. You can spot a driver like this by the way
he/she is driving like if they drive too close to the curb or they aren?t driving
The tenth and final tips are to set rules for passengers, like, all passengers in
the vehicle must wear a seat belt, or no drugs, alcohol or weapons in the vehicle,
and no more passengers than there are seat belts. Some of the experiences that I
have are at the end of last school year my uncle, my aunt, and my two little cousins
were hit by a drunk driver, my uncle and one of my cousins that were in the
truck were the only two that were injured. My aunt and other cousin only
had bruises, my uncle was in a coma for two weeks and my cousin died three days
after the accident so when my uncle came out of the coma he was told that his son
had died. This was one of the saddest time of our relatives lives and it could
have been prevented if there hadn?t been a drunk driver in the other car that day.
- Behind The Wheel Essay, Research Paper What It Feels Like Behind The Wheel by Richard Corliss The article was ... tight seat belts. For the first time of the day Derrike is alone ... all through your rear end, up through your hands on the wheel. Strategy, both ...
- ... Is Behind The Wheel? Essay, Research Paper Most teenagers are not aware of the dangers ... vehicles than there are drivers. Each year there are over 5,000 fatal ... practice behind the wheel while he or she has a learner?s permit and throughout the first year of ...
- The Wall Essay, Research Paper A Brick in the Wall (The story of Sid ... the first piece of the wall. His mother inserts the second piece of the wall. ... Mother’s gonna make all your nightmares come true. Mother ... do not find meaning behind the main character and his ...
- The Story Behind The Beatles Essay, Research Paper THE INTERESTING STORY BEHIND THE WORLD’S LEADING POP BAND The ... owns today. Less than a year after moving, when Paul was ... became Ringo while playing with a group called The Raving Texans. The first name, ...
- Behind The Urals Essay, Research Paper “Behind the Urals” The United States that we ... did. The first worker we are introduced to in “Behind the Urals” ... so much on the well being of the upper class. Valdek ... Stalin’s Five Year Plans. We can study the times, even ...