Genetic Cloning And Nuclear Fusion Essay, Research Paper
The societal issue being addressed in this article is the cloning of humans and nuclear cell fusion. This question lingering into every household Should we be playing God? This question has substantial points on each side. Some people think that we shouldn t be manipulating nature s creations ,and we should leave things the way they are because that is the way things are meant to be. Other s oppose that jurisdiction and state that we can rid the world of cancers and tumors and quite possibly save lives. Others don t believe strongly either way, though believe in restricted means of distinguishing forms of cloning using safe and well-tested means. Research on human embryos has been minimal over the past few years because of the lack of money from the government to perform sophisticated experiments in this area. In the 1980’s and early 90’s this research was banned by both the Ronald Reagan and Bush administrations due to pressure from the pro-life factions of the Republican party. The societal issue addressed is expressed from all point of views, and the following will further strengthen and help you understand their points.
The procedures used in human embryo cloning have been around for many years, and have been used in the cloning of cattle and sheep embryos, for the production of animals with known genetic traits. The news of human embryo cloning did not surprise many people in the scientific community, but it shocked the general public. (psu.edu) Many biologists believe that they have a personal duty to the improvement of society, perhaps even a moral obligation. To this end the techniques of embryonic cloning and alteration have been offered to society as an option for the improvement of humanity. Doctors hope that by being able to study the multiple embryos developed through cloning, they can determine the causes of spontaneous abortions. Contraceptive specialists believe that if they can determine how an embryo knows where to implant itself, they can develop a contraceptive that would prevent embryos from implanting in the uterus. This all means that cloning would help our future and help us further understand our human bodies. A defensive statement for this would be that these scientists are creating genes and are pushing the scientific envelope. How much further can they go? What if they create something that evolves to withstand forces of nature and science? Anything is possible when you play with something you fully don t understand. Cancer research is possibly the most important reason for embryo cloning. Neuro-Oncologists believe that embryonic study will advance understanding of the rapid cell growth of cancer. Cancer cells develop at approximately the same speed as embryonic cells do. By studying the embryonic cell growth, scientists may be able to determine how to stop cancer growth in turn. Some ask is it worth the risk? Others oppose this question with, is it worth the risk to not know it s full potential and how it can help us. These questions are few of the hundreds now argued throughout the world in courts and legislatures.
The whole article I read was basically about the world verses cloning and nuclear genetic fusion. In other words building life out of other living things. When we play with items we don t understand we risk a lot and it can mean moral or physical disaster if something goes wrong. Imagine those who die daily because of lack of donors of organs, we could create donors. We can better understand cancer cells and spontaneous abortion and further understand nature and oneself.
Understanding cloning will take awhile but the potential of such would be great. I feel this article helped me understand cloning even more than I did. I feel that cloning has a future and will take part in our lives. Yet what we don t understand can be dangerous. My analysis of cloning is, it may develop more ideas than we think were ever possible, but we should be careful and take respectful means of precaution. Government oppression will be anarchisticly opposed and science will run it s course and in a few years the government will have little part in cloning and the people who worked for it will receive the credit they deserve. Cloning is the future of science and the answer many have longed for.
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper In ... binary fission and budding. Instead the scientists used nuclear transfer ... 1998 NCGR – GPI Program. Genetic Cloning vs Genetic Twinning. [web page] 7 ... Wilmut, Ian. Potential benefits of cloning and Nuclear Transfer. [web page] 3 ...
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper The ... past and current research results with cloning and why scientists research it. ... she was cloned. Although nuclear transfer produces clones, scientists confess ... “the random fusion of a couple’s genetic heritage gives enough ...
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper Last updated: June 30, 1998Should Cloning ... cloning as a major breakthrough for research in agriculture, aging, medicine and genetics ... “nuclear ... genetic engineering. According to molecular biology expert, Dr. John Fagan ...
- Genetic Engineering Essay, Research Paper At the Roslin ... be realized that cloning is disastrous and scientists should not ... into things too fast is nuclear fusion. When scientists first discovered ... , the ethical and moral implications of cloning are such that ...
- ... and starfish. Each piece grows into a complete organism. The cloning ... and Thomas King, biologists at the Institute for Cancer Research ... cloning method called nuclear transplantation, or nuclear ... genetic material and that controls growth and ... electrical fusion, it ...