Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The One Essay, Research Paper
Dealing with deception
As the dark figures enlarge through the thick fog,
He walks towards them,
Alone and sheltered overhead.
Slowly paced, and soggy footed, he arrives.
He is unable to speak or think straight.
As he slowly lowers his head something catches his eye.
He peacefully stares;
Stares at the beautiful flowers.
The flowers he and his wife planted along their fence.
He could still remember the aching pain of his sore, middle aged back,
The smell of his wife?s worn out, one-size-too-small gloves as he took them off for her,
And watching the huge red sunset as they held each other in their aching arms.
They made love that night.
From that day on he knew she was the one.
That was a beautiful day, he thought.
A loud morn awakens him from his daydream.
He forgets where he is for a while, but soon remembers.
He still cannot believe what is happening.
To him it seems unreal.
Still with his head down, he is afraid;
Afraid to look,
Afraid of what he might see.
Confused, he begins to wonder.
He searches for an answer.
He had not accomplished what he had planned.
As the man with the white collar speaks, he looks up.
Still somewhat sceptical of the spectacle,
He is afraid;
Afraid to listen.
He is afraid of what he might hear.
Still with his confidence, he awaits;
Awaits for the name of inevitability.
Out it comes.
A name which he remembers to have known his whole life.
A name which he cared so much for.
A name which he stood by, through thick and thin.
A name which he called his own.
He wants to feel sad but is curious.
He wonders who cared.
He looks up,
All in black,
Except for the one in red.
Fender, was its name.
Guitar strings, was its game.
?You know the ones in the black pack??
?I?ll get them when I get back.?
All I needed was the last string
So I can play and I can sing.
?Yes, yes? she said
?I?m going out. I?ll buy this thing.?
Monday night she went out
She had to go that way too!
She came back early,
With a pack of blue.
?Bring then back!?
The Old Man Who Scared Me When I Was Little
I went outside to play that day,
With my mom by my side, by the way.
I slid down slides and played on swings;
Every time, I played with those things.
On a bench to my right
I saw a man, old but bright.
He had skin that seemed like brown construction paper,
And hair as white as snow.
He had these dreamy eyes;
But why, I?d like to know.
He seemed so helpless wearing that old man hat,
And that red flannel shirt that made him look fat.
I wondered what he was doing there.
I wondered what was going through his mind
When I got a water gun,
And wet him from behind.
Before my very eyes
He got up and said
He then chased me around,
Like a fun little fray.
Slowly gaining on me like a tiger on its prey.
I could stand no more so I had to say,
We stopped running and turned to each other.
Red now replaced his brown paper face.
With sweat pouring down his cheek he said to me,
?In a race, you would win first place!?
- Peer Pressure Essay, Research Paper Dealing with Peer Pressure “Oh look, those are the new jeans everyone ... in their mind. From my own experiences I know numerous people who ... pressure. Sex to me is the one thing most people regret they ...
- Dealing With Conflict Essay, Research Paper Dealing with Conflict 1.1 Potential conflict can arise when two parties or people have ... how people can express their own ideas, which could be used ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Dealing With Fate: The Story of King Oedipus Thebes is struck by a plague; the ... he believes may be one of the conspirators. Like any ... damned in the blood he shed with his own hand (64)! ... on his own, not reflecting the plan of the Gods. At ...
- The Simpsons Essay, Research Paper simpsons The American animation The Simpsons is now in its ... streets and buildings, like the one on the Springfield Hall of Records that ... comment on the nature of the media and the way it deals with such situations ...
- The Narrator Essay, Research Paper The narrator’s grandparents were freed ... around Mr. Norton, one of the college’s white millionaire founders. He innocently ... offspring’ are a blind preacher, the double-dealing Bledsoe, and a narcissistic Boston philanthropist ...