Life Is Essay, Research Paper
There are only three basic types of people. There are those people who do not know what they want out of life and are doomed to make do with whatever life doles out to them. Then there are those people who know what they want out of life but are unwilling to take the necessary steps to achieve their goals. Then there are those people who know what they want out of life and are willing to go to any lengths to get it.
Most people begin their lives not knowing what they need to achieve in order to be happy. Many people never decide what goals they need to achieve to live a fulfilling life. Those individuals who do not know what they want from life are easy to spot. They live in the poorest of neighborhoods and work the most undesirable jobs. These people are adrift in the river of life without a paddle. They have no dreams or hopes for the future, they are destined to take whatever life hands them. Poverty, failed personal relationships and a sense of impending doom are the defining characteristics of this type of person. If theses people could decide where they want to go in life they could begin to have hope for the future
I order to achieve any goal you must first know what the goal is. Without a clear conception of where you want to go you will never get there. The second type of person is the individual who knows what they want but does not know how to get it. You may know them as daydreamers or hopeless romantics. They enjoy telling others of their dreams of personal achievement. These people often have a clear mental picture of what their success would look like. Knowing what you need from life is not enough you must also have a plan for achieving your goals. This is where the daydreamers fall short. They know exactly what amount of money, power, and love they need to be happy but are unsure of how to get it.
Some people may say those individuals who know what they want form life, suffer more than those that do not know what they want from life do. The ignorance of the truly lost is not bliss. Those individuals who do not know what they want from life do at least know that their present life is not it. It is better to have a dream and not achieve it than to have no dream at all.
Those individuals who have goals are much closer to achieving success than the individual who is unsure what he wants from life. Success is often defined by the amount of money a person has but this is not the true meaning of success. Success is subjective in that what I consider success someone else may consider failure. Some people think of success in terms of financial security while others place little emphasis on money. Those individuals who have goals have crossed the first hurdle on the course to personal fulfillment. It may seem that once you know what you need to be happy it would be easy to acquire it but the inability to achieve their goals is what separates the dreamers from the truly successful people.
The last type of person is the envy of the two other types I have already described. Those persons who know what they want out of life and possess the determination to achieve their goals are all around us. These people are the backbone of America, they are the leaders of business, government, and organized religion. The only thing, which separates these people from the daydreamers, is their belief in their ability to achieve their goals. Often these individuals begin their lives as daydreamers or perhaps they have no clue as to what they want from life but at some point, they set goals for themselves. This type of person does not stop at having a goal, they go on to develop the belief that they will achieve their goals. These people s pictures are on the covers of magazines and they live in the most exclusive neighborhoods.
The only thing separating you from them is setting specific goals for yourself and believing in your ability to achieve those goals. This may sound simple but you will find that it takes self-confidence and determination to separate yourself from the masses of unsatisfied unhappy people. Remember no one is born as any one of these types of people. You have the ability to choose what type of person you will be.
. No one is born as any certain type of person. No one is predestined to succeed or fail. People have the ability to take control of their lives at any time. People who do not have goals rarely succeed in life. If you do not speak up and demand what you want out of life you will be forced to take whatever life hands you
- Family Life Cycle Essay, Research Paper There are several ways in which the family life cycle can be ... old age of the spouses. There is a continuous process of growth that ... to one another. For instance, there is an adjustment to living together ...
- Athletic Injuries Essay, Research Paper There are many psychosocial factors that contribute ... the SRRS is based on the concept that a change in life events ... injury. It is because of this their perception of life events and injuries ...
- Tattooing/Body Piercing Essay, Research Paper There are various aspects through which people, ... life, whether it is physical or emotional. After any such experience, you are ...
- Affirmative Action Essay, Research Paper There are many issues in today?s society ... projects, where their family must live, and where their children are brought up in ... heard the saying, ?life isn?t always fair?, which is true, and government needs ...
- Mental Disorders Essay, Research Paper There are many diseases and disorders that ... in the patients everyday life. The term psychosis is used to describe ... a person’s everyday life. Dissociative disorder, or psychogenic amnesia, is a disorder that affects ...