Сохрани ссылку в одной из сетей:
If someone asked you what it would be like to live in a perfect world,
how would you reply? Many people might say something like, ?A place without
and arguments or fighting.? Others might say ?A place where there is not
pollution.? But, has anyone one ever thought to say, ?A place without
racism.?? For some Americans, racism has never even crossed their minds. For
others, it is something they have to live with everyday. In some societies in
America, racism isn?t even a factor, all citizens of the community get along.
But, in other societies, racism is a case that could be life threatening.
Racism, in definition, is ?the belief that humanity is divided into stratified
genetically different socks called races; according to it?s adherent?s
racial differences make one group superior to another.? (Ethics; Walker,
Randolph Meade, 722) If you are a racist, you believe in racism. Racists will
often claim that members of their own race or minority are ?mentally,
physically, morally and/or culturally superior to those of other races.? (The
World Book Encyclopedia; Pettigrew, Thomas F., 62) For these reasons, many
racists think they deserve special rights or privileges. The Bill of Rights was
written a little under 200 years ago, yet controlling racism in America is still
a task no one can seem to over take. In South Carolina, a Confederate flag still
waves high over the capitol for everyone to see. Is the kind of example we want
to set for the youth of America? To people in Europe, Asia, and on other
continents, America is a wonderful place to live. It has been said to be ?one
of the greatest nations on earth.? (Nova; Marshall, Christopher) Yet, our
struggle to regulate all of our citizens is a revolutionary war that has yet to
and probably will never be won. Slavery is said to be one of the greatest racial
tragedies to ever happen in America. Upon the entrance of this new millenium,
slavery and racism is still practiced in America. White Americans have their
forefathers to blame for the hatred and anger they have in their hearts
concerning races different from theirs. What is said to be ?the God-given
right to equality and ultimate freedom? (Nova; Marshall, Christopher) has been
crushed for many, by the uncited ignorance of my ?finely? educated people.
Racists often need someone to blame for the wrong-doings, hatred and stupidity
in America. Who better to blame than someone with skin of a different color?
Racism is just another form of prejudice. If a person or group of people acts or
dresses differently, these people may get distrusted or disowned. Many people do
not recognize the good qualities that another group possess. White Americans are
the main directors of racism against ethnic minority groups. ?Most white
Americans are unaware of how self destructive racism can be.? (Nova; Marshall,
Christopher) Does America need an AWAKENING? Would it do any good? If you were
to put yourself in the shoes of an African American, an American Indian, a
Puerto Rican…you might say that American is in definite a major make-over
concerning all races. Two white students were suspended for assaulting African
American students at Millard High School in Omaha, Neb. And a third white
student was threatened by other whites for associating with the school?s 25
blacks. (CQ Researcher; Phillips, Susan, 3) Are you ready for that make-over?
Many white students, for example, believe that blacks now have equal access to a
college education… (CQ Researcher; Phillips, Susan, 4) Or do you think
everyone is over reacting on this whole issue? A real issue some people have,
concerns the police and reporters. Reporters often use the terms ?alleged
killing? and ?alleged racism? in their columns. ?Since when has a
beheading been known as anything else other than murder…you don?t
accidentally behead someone…? (Media Watch; Boyce, Kesha) With the police
?investigating whether this is a hate crime or not? has made many
non-racists and African Americans quite angry. ?Since when has two white men
dousing a black man with gasoline and setting him on fire not been a hate
crime…? (Media Watch; Boyce, Kesha) I just want you to know, as you are
finishing reading this report-I did not write it to change your mind or make you
biased in one way or another toward racism. I just wanted open your eyes to some
of the disturbing things going on in your great nation, and possibly right in
your own back yard, at your child?s school, even in your workplace. Shootings
happen everyday, but beheadings don?t. If this is supposed to be the year when
America and everybody is supposed to re-evaluate the ?issues of race?…then
what the heck is going on…? (Media Watch; Boyce, Kesha) Are your eyes open
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper There is surely no nation in the world that holds “racism” in ... a booming, national controversy about “racism.” If the student had merely murdered ... remotely like affirmative action, if practiced in favor of Whites, would ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper No American should be a racist. There are so many people in ... sure that racism shouldn t have a negative influence in a human s life. In America there are ... better. The future of America depends on if this problem can be ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper The Construction of ... between races. In fact he discovered if anything, there ... the most corrupt institution in America: racism. Through the classifying of ... the present. However, if race and racism are mere social ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper Racism is an institution in America. It has existed ... by our behavioral intentions. If a person intends to do ... . What would happen if minorities were awarded home ... happen to their communities if minorities are awarded ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper Racism in America “To Kill a Mockingbird” is a story about bravery and courage in a small town ... may become more ethically diverse. If all men were created equal ...