Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Change Oil In A Car Essay, Research Paper
How to Change The Oil In a Car
Equipment Needed: 5 quarts of 10w30 motor oil, an oil filter for your
model vehicle, a pan that will hold at least 5 quarts of oil to catch the oil in,
a 3-ton floor jack, an adjustable wrench, and a funnel.
Process: Note: For safety an Oil change must take place on a flat,
hard surface, capable of holding up the floor jack.
- Put your vehicle in park and shut off the engine if it was running.
- Place the 3-ton floor jack underneath the car behind the left front tire.
- You will now see a flat surface in this area of the car frame to put the lifting surface of the jack on.
- Line the jack up with this section
- Turn the jack handle clockwise until it stops and begin jacking up the vehicle
- Jack up the vehicle until the left front tire is about 1 foot off of the ground. This should give you enough room to get under the car.
- Now we can begin the oil changing process.
- Gather your pan, filter, and wrench then slide underneath the car from the left front side underneath the bumper.
- When you get underneath the car locate the oil pan. It should be just about in the middle when you get underneath your car.
- When you find a flat square section with one bolt sticking out of the bottom left of the section, this is the oil drain plug.
- Take your wrench and adjust it to fit the bolt.
- Place the pan underneath the drain pug so when you take the bolt out it will catch the oil.
- Begin turning the bolt in a counterclockwise position until it is just about ready to be removed
- Sit the wrench down and finish taking out the bolt with your fingers until it is removed and the oil is draining into the pan.
- After all the oil has been drained put the bolt back in and tighten the bolt by turning it in a clockwise position until tight.
- Look near the pan and you will find a circle bottom shaped figure about 4 inches in circumference that will say oil filter somewhere upon it.
- Take your hand and turn it counterclockwise until it is removed.
- Place the old oil filter in the pan as well.
- Acquire your new oil filter and put it in place of the old one and turn it in a clockwise position until tight.
- Now slide out from underneath your vehicle bringing the pan and your wrench with you.
- Go to the jack and slowly turn the handle in a counterclockwise position until the car is slowly starting to come down. Let the car all the way down and remove your jack from underneath the car
- Pop the hood of your vehicle.
- Locate a cap on your engine that reads engine oil fill.
- Turn this cap counterclockwise and remove it.
- Place your funnel in the hole the cap was covering.
- Open up all of the oil and pour them into the funnel.(Be sure to do this steadily so none of the oil overflows out of the funnel)
- Now remove the funnel and put the cap back on by turning it clockwise.
- Close the hood of your vehicle.
- You are done!
How Often do I Change my Oil?: The oil in your vehicle should be
changed every 3000 miles and all you have to do is follow these easy to use
- How To Change Oil In Your Car Essay, Research Paper Jovon Moore English 110, ... How to change oil in your car Many people may think changing the oil in your vehicle ... is a difficult and lengthy procedure. In fact ...
- Changing The Motor Oil Of A Car Essay, Research Paper In a perfect world, one would be ... able to buy a car ... different ways to go about changing your car’s oil. You can either take ...
- The Impact Of A Car Essay, Research Paper How long can ... increasing quantities of coal, oil, and gas we are ... shifting their ranges in an effort to escape a changing climate. Some ... even thought about doing a research paper on car pollution. Hopefully my song ...
- Women In American Literature Essay, Research Paper The Vilification of Women in The ... and kills Tom’s mistress in Gatsby’s car. Daisy allows Gatsby ... not make the necessary changes in her life so that ... to stand behind the stuffed owl in the parlor” (Wharton 100 ...
- ... of dollars in imports. Whether it is the oil in your car or the ... things in world history is the Bill of Rights. This has changed ... of dollars in imports. Whether it is the oil in your car or the ... things in world history is the Bill of Rights. This has changed ...