Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Night Essay, Research Paper
BY ELIE WIESEL
ESSAY BY NATHAN SHAPIRO
As you read on you will be reading about my opinions on what kind of nonfiction
writing is in this book ?Night? by elie Wiesel. Further more everything in this might not all
be correct to others but this is my opinion on the story so please read on.
In this nonfiction story ?Night? by Elie Wiesel is objective writing. Objective
writing is facts that can be proved by the senses, or by the calendar, or by the clock. The
facts in this story is very real and it gives you the sense of being there and going through
all the hardships like being beaten, starvation, and living under the Germans control. I
could go on and on about all the facts in this book but there was a little of what was in it.
this book is so very true and so well written that it makes you feel some of the pain and
hardships that he has to go through. As you can see this nonfiction book is objective
writing due to all the facts and information that it has in it.
This book ?Night? has exposition in it. Expositions major purpose is to inform like
tell how something is done or how it works. For example this book is to inform us of
what went on and how the Jews were treated back then, a example: being burned, and
worked so hard, and starved. And faith in god taken away a quote to that is ?…where is
the divine mercy? where is god? how can I believe, how can anyone believe, in this
merciful god?? (page 73).This book also has descriptive writing in it. Description recreates
for the reader a person, place, or event, largely through language, appeals to senses. I
could go on and on about all of the description in this story but I will only give a few
examples that are here. One of the things that are described the most is the way they were
treated it made them feel like animals, they were beaten and starved. This story also has
narration in it. Narration?s purpose is to relate a series of events usually in chronological
order. I think his story has narration in it because it tells the story in order to what
happened in there lives like first getting kicked out of there house like when it said ?The
time has come … you?ve got to leave all this…?? (page 13). Sent to concentration camps
to being killed, and then sent free which made it very interesting. As you can see there is
lots of types of nonfiction in this story like exposition, description, and narration.
The type of nonfiction that is not in this story is persuasion. Persuasion is to get
the reader to believe something that is not true or did not really happen. This is not a
persuasion kind of nonfiction story because this book is just to inform people about what
really happened and how how he had to go through it, and how everybody had to deal
with the Germans. Also how they died. If you did not believe this book it does not try to
persuade you into believing it. there are many types of nonfiction in this story but the type
that is not in it is persuasion.
The type of nonfiction writing that is most predominant is in my opinion is the
description writing because, every little thing that happened in this book was described so
well and in such great detail it made you feel like you were there, kind of like you can feel
there pain like when the got beat by the SS officers and by other prisoners. for example in
(page 55). ?Then I was aware of nothing but strokes of the whip.? All in all this nonfiction
stories most predominant writing is description.
In closing this nonfiction story ?Night? by Elie Wiesel is objective writing which is
very high in description. which tells about his life and what he had to go through, and all
the hardships he had to go through like watching his own family die.
- ... be allowed to mask the sophistication of linguistic research underlying each ... as measured both by traditional, analytic, paper-and-pencil ... we may be tempted to assume with Ely (1986) ... simultaneously run through the next five possible considerations. (6) ...
- Night Essay, Research Paper Faster, you swine, ... Jews. In the book Night, by Elie Wiesel, the theme of ... and put into units. Elie had been explained what ... them down constantly. After Elie had been beaten twenty ... the Holocaust. Just think if Elie had to stay a just ...
- Night Essay, Research Paper Night By Elie Wiesel In Elie Wiesel’s Night, he recounts his horrifying ... , ethos, and pathos in Night. The reader’s logic is ... to emotion is the strongest by far. It seems almost ... at the words of Wiesel. Elie paints a portrait of life ...
- Night Essay, Research Paper Night – Summary Note: Although Night is not necessarily a memoir–as ... a great extent, as the author Elie Weisel’s surrogate and representative. With ... that of the author, Elie Weisel. Night is narrated by Eliezer, a Hungarian Jewish ...
- Night Essay, Research Paper Night Chapter 1 Elie describes the events ... to the ghettos by cattle trains. Elie must have felt ... be evacuated and were forced to march to there next destination. Elie ... departure at Buchenwald. Elie was traumatized by all that he ...