Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Computer Engineering Essay, Research Paper
English 3-4, Block 2
English 3-4, Block 2
11 November 1999
Computer engineering is a relatively new field of
engineering and is one of the fastest growing fields today.
Computer engineering is one of today?s most technologically
based jobs (Basta 71).The field of computer engineering
combines the knowledge of electrical engineering and
computer science to create advanced computer systems.
Computer engineering involves the process of designing
and manufacturing computer chips processors, memory systems,
central processing units, and of peripheral devices .
Computer engineers work with CAD(computer aided design)
programs and different computer languages so they can create
and program computer systems (Gelenter 82). Computer
engineers use today?s best technology to create tomorrow?s.
Computer engineers require a high level of training and
intelligence to be skilled at their job. A bachelors degree
from a college or university with a good computer
engineering program computer science program is necessary
(Basta 71). Then once employed their usually is a on the job
type of training program to learn the certain types of
systems that will be designed and manufactured.
Computer engineers major studies conventional
electronic engineering, computer science and math in
college. The electrical engineering knowledge that a
computer engineer possesses allow for a understanding of the
apparatus that goes into a computer so that they can be
designed and built (UCSD 2). The computer science part gives
a engineer much needed wisdom on how software makes a
computer system run and perform tasks.
There are a few different types of employers computer
engineers could work for today. The first is for a major
computer company actually designing whole computer systems
for say Compaq or Macintosh. Then their are the type that
works for computer components such as peripheral systems and
microchips such as Intel (Gelenter 90). Then their are the
engineers that design everyday electronic components such as
bank machines and cell phones.
The job outlook of computer engineering is very good.
More and more computer systems are being created every day
and the demand for computer engineers is just going to keep
on growing (UCSD 1). For example Chris Kolnik (who is
studying to become a computer engineer) says that their is
no end in sight to the growth the computer industry.
Some advantages of being a computer engineer is that
you use your creativity when working on a project and can
express yourself through the computer. Another advantage is
the good pay, it is one of the highest paying fields
straight out of college. Their are some disadvantages also
like working at a computer all day and being inside the
whole time. Another disadvantage is working on the same
project for a long time and that can get boring sometimes if
you don?t have a lot of patients.
I want to be a computer engineer cause I think that
computers are very interesting machines and they are the
wave of the future. I also like programming computers and
making computer games and so forth. I would like to be a
computer engineer mainly cause I want to do something on the
cutting edge of technology and computers are the way to go.
Basta, Nick. Careers in High Tech. Illinois: NTC
publishing group, 1992.
Gelenter, David. Machine Beauty. New York: Basic Books
N/A. ?Electronic and computer Engineering.? UCSD. 1999
http://www.ece.UCSD.edu (Oct 20 1999)
- Computer Engineering Essay, Research Paper Introduction-Computers ... Definition of a computer engineer A. Definiton B. Creation ... Computer engineers build and design computers and computer-related media (OCIS). A constantly changing career, computer engineering ...
- Computing History Essay, Research Paper COMPUTING HISTORY I n 1842 Babbage’s Difference Engine and the Analytical Engine Convinced his machine ... Outline Of Computer History p. 1-6 O 1842 Babbage’s Difference Engine and the Analytical Engine O 1959 ...
- Computer Engineer Essay, Research Paper A computer engineer has many job responsibilities ... specific tasks of a computer engineer include evaluating situations and solving ... or technical school. Computer engineering or electronics engineering courses should be ...
- Computer Programer Essay, Research Paper Computer programmers held about 568 ... program. Innovations such as Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools enable a ... . Employers using computers for scientific or engineering applications generally prefer ...
- Computer Engineering Essay, Research Paper Since birds could fly and ... pointed to computer programing and computer and electrical engineering. I believe that this paper will ...