Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Macbeth A Character Analysis Of Lady Macbeth Essay, Research Paper
A Character Analysis of Lady Macbeth
What s done cannot be undone
This is what Lady Macbeth said to her husband when he returned from murdering King Duncan. The statement is subtle and explains her way of thinking. Although Lady Macbeth is not completely evil-minded, she does play a big part as the antagonist in Shakespeare s Macbeth. Lady Macbeth is a cold, heartless, and deceitful character. What did she get for being evil?
Shakespeare did not supply us with much solid information about Lady Macbeth s outward appearance. Context clues are all that can be used to assume what she looks like. Examples of context clues are her manner of speaking, actions, and the surrounding characters actions. Lady Macbeth often spoke hastily and interrupted. She is a cold, two-faced woman who resorts to going through extremes to get her way. Lady Macbeth also assisted Macbeth in the murder of King Duncan by giving him the idea of killing the King. In scene 1-5 Macbeth addressed his lady as his dearest partner of greatness . He might have meant that he sees her as his equal in authority. Most people see people in power and authority as being solid characters. Lady Macbeth might have been a solidly built woman, perhaps brunette, and elegantly dressed, for her husband was of importance and they probably were higher in the social ladder.
Through her actions and words, Lady Macbeth s personality can be summed up in one word: deceitful. She would have done anything to get her way and made sure to do so. In act 1-7 she stated that she easily would have killed her own baby if she promised to do so. She is not trustworthy of anyone but her husband, if that. If it weren t for her, many murders would not have taken place. She was the driving force is Macbeth s reasoning and his added to his downfall.
Knowing now her personality traits and assumed physical traits, it s clear how they fit together. Although she hid it well, any suspecting character could have very well seen the ice in her eyes. Lady Macbeth did not radiate kindness from her appearance because that was not what she felt inside. Her amoral motives showed in her body language, for a truly innocent being would be graceful and could never harm another with such ease.
Lady Macbeth is a solid and deceitful character. Her saying What s done cannot be undone. sums up her way of thought and her way of doing things. She persuaded Macbeth in some ways to do the crimes that he committed and be the way that he was. She added greatly to his downfall, and in the end she didn t get anything out of being evil except heartbreak, confusion, and frustration.
- Macbeth Character Analysis Of Lady Macbeth Essay, Research Paper MacBeth In The Tragedy of MacBeth, Lady MacBeth has strong id characteristics, and ... blood, and no character does it describe better than Lady MacBeth. Her tragic ...
- Character Analysis Of The Grandmother In A Good Man ... . She fits the description of an older southern lady who is a bit ... practices on her family. The Misfit does not allow the grandmother ... blood, I know you wouldn’t shoot a lady!” The grand- mother’s only son ...
- ... the point of realization. In Act V scene 1, Lady Macbeth is found sleep ... knows something the characters, or some of the characters, do not, ... . The scene-by-scene analysis for Act I scene vi ... must determine if the character Macbeth is a tragic hero according ...
- Character Analysis Macbeth Essay, Research Paper MacBeth was a play written by William ... murders of Duncan and of MacDuff’s family came back to haunt MacBeth. After Lady MacBeth ... just shown proof of and told about MacBeth’s death. All of MacBeth’s bad deeds ...
- ... other example of some weakness in Lady Macbeth s character is in ... Act III, Scene 2 when she tries to comfort Macbeth ... in Lady Macbeth s character comes at the very end of the ... . Later, we learn of Lady Macbeth s tragic fate as ...