Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Alaska Essay, Research Paper
My state is Alaska. The capital of Alaska isJuneau. Juneau wasn’t
always the capital of Alaska. When Alaska was sold from Russia to America
it was New Archangle. They changed it in 1900 to Juneau. The motto is ”
North to the future”, the bird is Willow Ptarmigan, the tree is Sitka Spruce,
the flower is Forget-Me-Not, and the flag has blue in the background with
the bigdipper on the left and the North Star on the top right.
Alaska hangs off of Canada to the west. The closest towns in Canada
to Alaska are Dawson and Mayo. Alaska is also by Russia. The Gulf of
Alaska, Artic Ocean, Chukchi Sea, Berring Sea, Burfort Sea, and Gulf of
Anddyr borders Alaska. There is one big mountain in Alaska. It’s called
Mt. Mckinley and was named after President Mckinley. It’s the biggest
mountain in North Amarica. There are many rivers and many lakes. The
longest river is the Yukon river. The largest lake is Iliamna Lake. In
Alaska there are thousands of islands. The Aleutain Islands are a string of
islands off the southwest coast. The southeastern part of Alaska also has
many islands. It’s called the panhandle. There are plains by the Berring
Sea and the Aritc Ocean. Alaska’s mountains and plains were first spotted by
Vitus Bering in 1741. Thats why they call the Bering Sea, the Bering Sea.
When Alaska was owned by Russia there was a compny that sold
otter skins. By the time America owned Alaska only a fraction of the otters
survived. Russia sold Alaska to the U.S.A. in 1854 for $7,200,00. At
that time the American people thought that the purchase was foolish. In time
it became obvious that Alaska was rich in fur, fish, and gold. In1883
Alaska had no government. Finally in 1884 Alaska had a very small
goverment and as time past it got bigger and bigger. Alaska used the laws
of Oregon. In Alaska there was one big goldrush. It was in 1896 in the
Yukon, many people struck it rich, but more were disappointed.
The population boomed in the early 1980’s as Alaska started to
develop its rich natural resources. Oil and natural gas are now Alaska’s
major resources. In 1989 oil was spilled in the Prince William Sound
covering an area of about 500 miles (800 kilometers). 50,000 birds and
2,000 otters were killed. Also in Alaska there is zink, gold, silver, lead, tin,
and platinum. Alaska is the largest producer of zinc in the U. S. A. You
can find the best rivers and lakes for fishing, and the biggest animals for
hunting in Alaska. In Alaska there are national parks almost everywhere
The best way to enter Alaska is by a ferry. You can see most of the
land form from the ferry. You shouldn’t travel in a car because you
couldn’t get to many places. The two fastest ways to get around are by
planes and boats. Also helicopters are a good way to get around. Only a
few people live in the northern part of Alaska, most people live in the southeast
of Alaska. In the northeast and the northwest there are no roads, train
tracks, and airports. The only way to get to northern Alaska is to fly a one
or two person plane. I would like to go to Alaska because I like to go
fishing, camping, and I like small cities.
- Soccer Essay, Research Paper My name is Joe Leavy and I am a freshman here at South Georgia College ... player over seas and I have also experienced a live of a soccer player ... as long as I can. I will also try to help our nation ...
- Motorcycles Essay, Research Paper My goal is to explain the evolution ... a pair of stout elastic bands, one on each side outboard of the ... all over Europe and America. Also in 1903, William S. Harley ... ice racing, and trail riding. Also, many people like to ride ...
- Schizophrenia Essay, Research Paper My Proposal Schizophrenia is a disastrous mental illness present in ... medication, which contains many side affects. Many alternative medications ... topic. It would also be terrific when my research essay is complete if it ...
- My Horses Essay, Research Paper My Horses, My Teachers is an excellent book on ... She taught me the value of a good seat and balance ... that yelled a lot but also managed to be encouraging in ... knew (Podhajsky 190). Podhajsky said that the stallions would stand ...
- My Antonia Essay, Research Paper My Antonia This remarkable piece of literature by Willa Cather is layered ... Jake?s fight with Ambrosch. He is also unreasonably angry when Antonia lets ... same, there is a kind of natural development as seed is planted and then ...