Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Faust By Goethe (1749 – 1832) Essay, Research Paper
The legend of Faust is older than Goethe’s
version, dating back to the early years of Christianity. The English poet
Christopher Marlowe wrote his own version of the play several centuries
before Goethe’s “Faust” appeared. Later, Wagner would use Goethe’s lengthy
yet brilliantly written poetic production as the text for an opera.
One idea animates Goethe’s “Faust. ” All
human souls are called to exist and struggle within a constant state of
“becoming,” a lifelong striving towards greater and greater realms of knowledge,
action and feeling; and those who stay true to this call, even when they
stumble into excesses and error will not go unrewarded by God. In fact,
it is by right the Devil’s place to blind man, to the end that man might
come unto God:
Man all too easily grows lax and mellow,
He soon elects repose at any price,
And so I like to pair him with a fellow
To play the Deuce, to stir, and to
- Faust Essay, Research Paper By Nick Carroll Let my work ... doing so. Have Fun!! Faust The novel Faust by Goethe is set in the ... is about a Doctor Faust who gets disgusted by life and makes a ... and well written. Goethe?s writing style helps bring Faust to life and ...
- ... Goethe?s work Faust was an elemental romantic work. Faust, the main character of Faust ... Goethe?s Faust, the proud condition of human nature can be seen by the way Faust ... over 40 years working on Faust. Goethe?s works were cynical and self ...
- Faust: The Dichotomy Of Gretchen Essay, Research Paper In the play "Faust" by Johann ... Goethe, Gretchen’s character envelops extreme ... Eve, Gretchen is corrupted by all-knowing Faust. Even though Gretchen exhibits ...
- ... . In an ironic gesture Goethe has her mother give them ... her. This seems to be frowned upon by Goethe because it inevitably leads ... in the end (by Faust and Gretchen) that Goethe wishes to show that ... side of God all through Goethe’s eyes. Without this aspect ...
- ... human soul, personified in Faust. Goethe struggles to weave the ... temple. In his Faust Goethe again presents the separation ... Faust astray. Thus Goethe subtly alters the Faust story at its outset by ... be seen as part of our own soul, then perhaps Goethe뭩 Faust ...