Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Emotions seen in “Of Mice and Men”
This essay will deal with the way emotions were used in the story of “Of Mice and Men”. Not only friendship and loyalty between George and Lennie. Faith, hope, charity, love, hate, jealousy and indifference are among the other emotions that develops during the story between them and the other characters, and that shows us Steinbeck?s way of character definition.
In the beginning of the story, we think that everything between George and Lennie is a big friendship, but even them show other emotions during the story. Lennie shows his childish way of dealing with anything, desperation and fear when Crooks tease him, saying that George is hurt and is not coming back, and when he has the dreams of Aunt Clara and The Gigantic Rabbit. George shows indecision on how to deal with Lennie and when he?s going to kill him.
Both have a dream together. A faith in each other that make them think that they are different. They have a future. They have each other to look for them.
When they arrive in the ranch we learn that the boss is a person that cares for people weaker than other. It?s a kind of charity. When he thinks that Lennie is being sold, he goes to his side, try to help him. From Candy, we see love towards his dog that he had for so long and we see a guilty feeling for letting others execute him.
Curly show hate and jealousy at the same time. Because he?s not a big guy, he wants to fight all of them, and because he?s always the winner (Just because he doesn?t fight fairly), he is proud to tell everybody that he?s the best.
Slim is a man who shows a lot of emotions during the story. He shows us indifference to Curly and friendship towards Lennie, but when Lennie killed the woman, and George killed him, he?s the only one who seems to know why he done that.
Curly?s wife shows us unhappiness with her marriage and with the way her life got into.
Crooks has an important role in the story, showing us his feelings about prejudice and how he feels bad, because he is rejected by all.
Carleson is not important showing emotions in the story. He has just one reaction, when the people is going to search Lennie and he manifests saying that he?s getting his Lugger.
John Steinbeck really showed us how the emotions can happen in a story. He used a wide range of them in almost every character present in the story. He shows how they react and fell, and make all of us remember the traces of the characters because of these emotions.
- ... , has feelings and emotions. However, in this short story, the child was portrayed as ... the citizens of Omelas see the child, some feel pity, and some don’t. “Often the ... young people go home in ...
- ... of sentimentality, yet conveys emotion. Anderson tells the somber story of a misunderstood and ... Willard than portrayed in the story; however, he does seem fairly flat. The realization that ...
- ... Mallard then realizes in a rush of emotion and relief that ... truly feeling, her emotional release apparent when she ... in the story that her name is revealed. From the beginning of the story, ... everything and nothing all in the same moment, which ultimately killed ...
- ... centered scientific experiment. Giovanni exhibits the same poisonous qualities as Beatrice, and ... is seen through the eyes of the gods, but as partners in humanity ... their life?s emotional struggle in the story. Much like chapters two and three in the Book of ...
- ... play an important role throughout in the story . My opinion is ... be used to represent two opposite emotions or concepts. Light ... Conrad did live in a time when some forms of racial ... colonisation. In the story of creation, dark was present in the world before ...