Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Prescription Drugs Essay, Research Paper
In a recent article, an MNBC correspondent brought up the issue of high prices
on prescription drugs. Many of these drugs are special vitamins, as well as
supplements that certain peoples bodies lack and need and are forced to buy.
This poses a financial problem. If this were to happen in both Canada and the
United States, many families in both countries would suffer severely for this
medical reason, a reason they shouldn?t have to pay for. In some aspects, this
is selfish of the government. By leaving these drugs to be overpriced, the
government is basically turning a blind eye towards the fact that many of these
people are having to spend an extra thousand dollars, maybe an extra thousand
dollars they don?t have. The prices on these drugs could easily be regulated,
but, as stated in the article, the money that these companies receive goes
towards research and cures for the treatments these people are receiving. So it
comes down to health care. Should the health care system pay for these? While it
would solve problems, it would also produce them. People with privatize health
care are settled, they put in a certain amount of money each month, and they get
these medications along with the system. If a common health care system would
pay for these drugs, two things would occur. First, the health cares budget
would go down. Not just a little, but it would plummet. Health care coming out
of taxes would not be enough, and as a result, taxes would be raised. This is
probably the last thing people want. Secondly, many, many people would go away
from the deal much richer. Basically, it?s like asking for everyone else to
pay for their problems. So who?s to blame? Nobody, really. You can?t say
it?s a persons fault for being sick and requiring medical help. Also, you
can?t expect everyone else to pay for them to get better, a lot of people
can?t afford higher taxes, and it?s punishing them. So it is a problem with
difficult solutions, but the best solution would be for the government to limit
the high prices of these drugs, but at the same time, put more and more money
into research for finding a cure for these illnesses. This would solve both
problems, and with the budget in both Canada and the United States, this
wouldn?t pose too many financial problems.
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper Reasons For The Legalization Of Drugs We will never get rid ... an age restriction on all drugs. In order for this to work ... could be produced in mass similarly to current prescription drugs and even food ...
- Doctors Prices Essay, Research Paper In the business of drug production ... ” drugs are expensive, however, and many Americans cannot afford these prices. Prescription ... the nation’s most profitable business. Prescription drugs even exceeded the rapidly rising ...
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper In America, we have a ... a doctors recommendation. No prescriptions are required for the use ... medicines available legally for prescription, but if they were ... drugs, and keep records of those who have prescriptions ...
- Our Right To Drugs Essay, Research Paper “Please, sir. . . may I have some ... the prohibition of certain drugs, including common prescription drugs, is nothing more than ... ?t stop at illicit drugs, however. He also includes prescription drugs in this solution as ...
- Antilegalization Of Drugs Essay, Research Paper Anti-legalization of Drugs Drugs have been ... Drugs in our society which are widely abused are tobacco, alcohol and prescription drugs ... . Legalizing drugs will surely compound ...