Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Causes of the Civil War
Boom! The sounds of cannons are roaring through the smoke filled
sky. War has begun, the North and the South are clashing at each other
and hundreds are being shot down by the minute. What has started all this
commotion? The North are fighting to abolish slavery and to pass a law on
high tariffs. The South on the other hand are fighting for slavery and to stop
the high tariffs. Those were some amongst many causes of the war, the
main reasons that caused them were economy or the way of life, political
factors, and slavery.
Economy was the way of life, it was a main cause of the war because
it involved trade, slavery, and high tariffs. The North wanted railroads
made only in the North for trade and growth, they wanted the South to pay
for some of it too, even though the tracks wouldn t go into the Southern
territory. The South thought this was unfair and they didn t want to pay for
something that wasn t going to include them. Another big problem were
high tariffs. The North were avaricious, they wanted to pass the law on
high tariffs for imported goods so that the South wouldn t buy from the
Europeans and would by from them. The South were enraged and did not
want the tax. Slavery was also a big issue because the North wanted to
abolish it. The South s economic system was based on slavery and cotton so
if it was abolished it their economy would collapse. This was just the
beginning of the cause of the war.
Political factors were long debated by the North and South. For
example, the North and South would argue over who the free territories
would go to. Now the South thought that Congress wasn t fair because the
North had a larger population which meant they had more representatives.
This was significant to the South because the North could easily pass a law
or change something if they had more votes. The South feared that the
North could pass a law abolishing slavery or make a high tariff and they
din t want that to happen. This is probably why they threatened to secede
from the union. The territories were a big problem because the South
wanted to spread slavery and the North did not. This was all a big dispute
and it was another big cause of the war.
Slavery was the biggest issue and it was said to be the cause the
whole war. Some say if slavery never existed then there wouldn t have
been a war. The North thought that slavery was flagitious and heinous.
They wanted it abolished because the South were treating slaves horribly.
The South relied on slaves and cotton those two things alone were their
lives. Without slaves the South would have been nothing because no one
wanted to pick cotton and if there was no one picking it there wouldn t be
any business in foreign countries. The South knew if they didn t have
slaves the whole southern confederacy would have collapsed.
Though there were many causes of the war the most important were
economy, political factors, and slavery. Slavery was however stopped,
slowly and inevitably, the South lost and approximately 600,000 people
died in the war on both sides. Could all this, the war, the dispute have
been prevented? Is it a fact that if slavery hadn t ever existed then there
wouldn t have been a war and everyone would live in peace? There is
enough evidence to show that it the Civil War could ve never happened but
what would life be like?
If I could change one thing about my life to make it better, I would
brainwash my parents because they are mean to me and they expect to
much out of me. My parents think I should be a genius, they want me to be
the top student of Harvard.
If I could brainwash them I would make them encourage me and let
me do things my way. Also, if I did something bad I could try to learn from
my mistakes instead of being scolded or hit sometimes.
this is what I would do if I could brainwash my parents
- The Civil War Essay, Research Paper The Civil War was the most convulsive and significant war in American history. After the Constitution was ... . (The Civil War Homepage) Probably the most emotional issue of the cause of the Civil War was over the issue ...
- The Spanish Civil War Essay, Research Paper The Spanish Civil War: An Ignored Revolution The Spanish Civil War is often ignored by many ... several ways. France damaged the republic’s cause the most by closing its border ...
- The English Civil War Essay, Research Paper The English Civil War was a complicated, intellectual war between the two most powerful forces in England ... close to them, the Church of England was cause for a lot of ...
- Spanish Civil War Essay, Research Paper The two sides were: The Nationalists (a loose coalition of right ... wished to preserve the Second Republic. The Causes of the War Profound cause: long period of ...
- Cival War Essay, Research Paper Civil War By: shjahja E-mail: email@example.com Civil War IN THIS meeting of the Southern ... preservation by the North were not the causes of the Civil War, what then were the causes? The surface ...