Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Macbeth Character Analysis Of Lady Macbeth Essay, Research Paper
In The Tragedy of MacBeth, Lady MacBeth has strong id characteristics, and is not well balanced because her superego is severely out-weighed by her id. The id, superego, and ego are the
3 parts of a person s psychological make up, accoring to Freudian psychology. Freud explained that the id is the part of the personality that demands basic needs and fulfillment, the selfish
characteristics. The id tries to attain fulfillment through such things like sex, money, power, etc. Lady MacBeth is a perfect example of this because although she might feel guilty about it later, her id gets the best of her. She wants more power, and will do anything to get it. Being thane of Glamis and Cawdor is not enough for her, she wants to be the queen too.
Another part of the psychological make up is the superego, the force that is supposed to cancel out the id in a balanced person. The superego is the selfless force inside that does things
for others, and sometimes shows guilt. One s conscience is them feeling their superego inside. Her superego is almost non-existent, but it is evident at one point in the play. The only time that it is
shown is when she can t actually kill King Duncan herself because he looks too much like her father. She said, Had he not resembled my father as he slept, I had done it.
The fact that Lady MacBeth does not have a balance eventually leads to her downfall. The id, ego, and superego are supposed to be at balance in a peron, but in Lady MacBeth s case, the id completely makes up her entire character. One main idea from the play is Blood gets blood, and no character does it describe better than Lady MacBeth. Her tragic flaw is her need for power, and the means she will take to get it.
- Macbeth A Character Analysis Of Lady Macbeth Essay, Research Paper A Character Analysis of Lady Macbeth What s done cannot be undone This is what Lady Macbeth ... her manner of speaking, actions, and the surrounding characters actions. Lady Macbeth often spoke ...
- Character Analysis Of The Grandmother In A Good Man Is Hard To Find Essay, ... fits the description of an older southern lady who is a bit ... on her family. The Misfit does not allow the grandmother ... I know you wouldn’t shoot a lady!” The grand- mother’s only son ...
- ... Analysis Essay, Research Paper God and the devil have a strong presence in ?Macbeth ... ?. The characters look to heaven and hell ... has heard from Lady Macbeth. Lady Macbeth is given the benefit of the doubt by ...
- Macbeth Relationship Analysis Essay, Research Paper MACBETH RELATIONSHIP ANALYSIS I found the relationship between Macbeth and Lady Macbeth very interesting ... . It is as if Lady Macbeth s strength of character has been taken over by ...
- Macbeth Literary Analysis Essay, Research Paper Krystal Abbott Pat ... in the very beginning of her pages. The character of Macbeth profoundly effects the ... , the murder of Duncan, the murder of Banquo, the sleep-walking of Lady Macbeth, all ...