Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
At the outbreak of the Second World War, in 1939 the
League of Nations collapsed.? However
the work of the League was not forgotten and, before the end of the war, the
United Nations was formed.? Like the
League of Nations it had the aim to maintain world peace and improve the
quality of life for the people of its member states.? In the non-political work of the United Nations it aimed to
protect human rights and suffering and to give equal opportunities to all the
people of the work.? It set up work in
areas such as health and education by creating a large number of Special Agencies
as part of the UN.? These included:·
World Health Organisation (WHO) ·
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) ·
International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank ·
United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural
Organisation (UNESCO) ·
United Nations Children?s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) ·
International Labour Organisation (ILO)These
are the main Agencies of the UN and they had varying degrees of success.? The structure and organisation of the
Agencies, how they operated, examples of their work, as well as the failures
and successes of the organisation must be considered when deciding how the
agencies helped the people of the world.?
An overall opinion on the agencies can then be established to decide if
the organisation improved the quality of people?s lives as a result of the
activities of that organisation.
- ... ) quick(ly) special(1y) 1. Our holiday was too short. The time passed very ... out of bed) get on: * How was the exam? How did you get on? (= how did you ... agency. JULIA: That's right. Unfortunately, the firm (18) --- (go) out of business a couple of ...
- ... did they come for the second time? 4. How did the Roman way of life influence the life of the ... . Nowadays the emission of smoke is strictly controlled by special governmental agencies. The activity of various ...
- ... works to the disadvantage of both the punished organism and the punishing agency" (1953 ... some detail. Of special interest is the importance of the amygdala in determining ... , what are the characteristics of a successful teacher? How did your own foreign ...
- ... the Channel & that was how the Romans came to see the white cliffs of the land of the ... the East? Why did they endure the frightful trials of the plains, the mountains, the deserts? Why did ... legislation to the Congress; to call special sessions of the Congress; ...
- ... into one of their special parcel post bags. 5:14 pm, Thu 3 Mar Is ... lbt (45 ) 7:22 pm, Thu 3 Mar how did u guess 9:35 am, Fri 4 Mar ... or two to help. I'm sure we can find a desktop designer/ad agency ...
- ... did the bidding of a handful of black ... the reputation of some law enforcement agencies. ... the rallying banner of communism, the adherents fought for special ... of how the communists attempted ?to fan the flames of discontent among the American people? during the ...