Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
At the outbreak of the Second World War, in 1939 the
League of Nations collapsed.? However
the work of the League was not forgotten and, before the end of the war, the
United Nations was formed.? Like the
League of Nations it had the aim to maintain world peace and improve the
quality of life for the people of its member states.? In the non-political work of the United Nations it aimed to
protect human rights and suffering and to give equal opportunities to all the
people of the work.? It set up work in
areas such as health and education by creating a large number of Special Agencies
as part of the UN.? These included:·
World Health Organisation (WHO) ·
Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) ·
International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank ·
United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural
Organisation (UNESCO) ·
United Nations Children?s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) ·
International Labour Organisation (ILO)These
are the main Agencies of the UN and they had varying degrees of success.? The structure and organisation of the
Agencies, how they operated, examples of their work, as well as the failures
and successes of the organisation must be considered when deciding how the
agencies helped the people of the world.?
An overall opinion on the agencies can then be established to decide if
the organisation improved the quality of people?s lives as a result of the
activities of that organisation.
- ... of the high altitude plane U-2. In understanding these agencies today I will show you how ... included the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), J. Edgar Hoover, who did not ... interests and proceeded to form a special CIA task force that was ...
- ... able to convince the German population of his fanatic ideas, how did all this ... to murder all the Jews of Europe. Special units began the mass shootings that ... an agency, the War Refugee Board, established for the express purpose of saving the victims of ...
- ... searching questions about why and how the war was fought and whether ... Lodge and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) did not interfere as a group of ARVN ... airborne, armored, special forces, and logistical units. With U.S. aid, the ARVN also ...
- ... special attention to those media depiction that could influence how ... society rarely consist of mom, dad, sibling, and ... critic of the industry, opposed the concept of the V-chip and the legislation ... t no gadgetry, government agency or congressional fiat that s ...
- ... the U.S. Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) devised a plan. The ... “The law will show how nonsensical state regulation of the Internet ... exist and require special hardware and software. ... the limited capabilities of the servers that are visited. AOL did ...