Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
In an important speech, oral delivery is key, ingredients to oral delivery are tone, volume, rate, enthusiasm and clarity, how
well you deliver these aspects determines how well your speech is received. A good example of all of these in a package is
Brad Ames. Brad had flowing smooth sentences, while speaking with ease, as if he was truly having a 2 way conversation with
the audience. His volume was not too loud, not to soft, it was clear and not overbearing. His attention grabber, or how he
brought people into his speech, wasn’t as good as it could have been, but it was still good. A bad example of these things was
Mike Gitner, he had a bit of a bumbling frightened speaking tone, with no enthusiasm and too inconsistent of a tone. The
attention grabber is also an important element to the speech. The attention grabber is the first thing people hear, and normally
how they judge the speech. The best attention grabber I heard was probably my own, not to be self centered, but i felt that if i
combined statistics and repetition into one, I would have good results.
In the first 30 seconds of meeting someone, people make their judgments about people, even if you CANT judge a book by its
cover, people do. Non-verbal delivery is just as important as verbal. Pose, the way you carry yourself, posture, eye contact,
all these elements play a key role in your speech. A good example of excellent non verbal communication was Lily, she stood,
not stiffly, but comfortably at the podium, made frequent eye contact, and used her notes only as reference, and used them
sparingly. A bad example of this I thought was myself, i did not make enough eye contact, because when i actually said the
speech out loud, it sounded different, and I panicked. I think the reason for this is lack of correct preparation. I didn’t read the
speech out loud, and it wasn’t the same as going over it in your head.
- The Self Essay, Research Paper Who am I? What am I? Where am I going? These questions have baffled the minds ... Am I the same person I was ten years ago? I am and I’m not. I am still in the ... arrangement of their social world and their relationships within it ...
- The World Essay, Research Paper The World The world is a messed up place and ... the filth of society and established myself as an ?outstanding young man? in ... the levels I?ve stooped to in order to get where I am today. Never the ...
- The Buddha Essay, Research Paper In the sixth century before the Christian era, religion was forgotten in India. The lofty ... to me. I am the holy one in this world; I am the highest teacher. I alone am the absolute omniscient ...
- ... World Essay, Research Paper In The Tempest how is human understanding of, and relationship with the natural world ... painful. Caliban shows an appreciation towards the sensual, ecstasy of the island. We ... and Prospero is the stage director. This is an example of ...
- The Plague Essay, Research Paper In the mid 1940 s, Albert Camus, began to write the novel The Plague. The ... the inhabitants fight against the plague to be an allegory to the ... to explain the world in human terms, however, Camus says, the world is thus ...