Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Blue Whale Essay, Research Paper
The Blue Whale The blue whale or balaenoperta musclus is the largest animal to ever have lived on
Earth. Whalers have reported this whale to being over 100 feet long and weighing over 150 tons!
The blue whale is a mammal, because it has milk, hair, and the embryo develops in the mothers
womb. The blue whale is a type of baleen whale. The blue whale eats mostly plankton and
crustaceans like krill or copecods. The blue whale is located in the Atlantic Ocean. The smaller
species of the blue whale, known as the pygmy blue whale, live in the Indian Ocean. The reason
this whales population has dropped so dramatically is because of the first whaling expeditions. The
whalers killed thousands of blue whales, and their numbers have been rising very slowly since that
time period. The estimated numbers for the blue whale is at about 7,000 through 13,000, which are
very low and make this animal endangered. Whales are now protected throughout the world by
whale laws because their numbers were so low. In 1946 the International Whale Commissions
(IWC) was set up to put guidelines on whaling nations. Unfortunately, they waited too late for the
blue whale because their numbers were so low. If it wasn’t for the caring people of IWC and other
animal rights activist these gentle animals would probably be extinct. Some interesting facts about
the blue whale is that, their oil was used for perfume, lubrications, soap, and candy. The blue whale
is almost extinct in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. To stop this from happening to any
other species of whale, the United States listed a number of whales that included the blue whale, on
endangered species list.
- ... well developed. But Washington is a large scientific and cultural centre. Many research ... played with a ball. Each team tried to throw the ball into the other team's basket ... in 1885 — "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn". "The Prince and the Pauper", and "A ...
- ... a few sentences on a piece of paper, to which one rather shy ... the learner's language are peculiar to the language of that individual alone. While each ... carry out research on the issue (see Foster & Skehan 1996; Bayley & Preston 1996 ...
- ... today. Where is the salt? Pass me the pepper, please. f) Before ... they determine in the extracts below: a) The origin of the name «Mother ... been a subject of scholarly research and discussion. It is ... points to the whole as compared with each which is directed ...
- ... the whole of the British Isles, the ... research, preparing speeches and dealing with the problems of the ... the kingdom after the Prime Minister. The Speaker is elected at the beginning of each ... the House of Commons passes the bill again the following year, the ...
- ... research) -systematization of information -method of contextual and conceptual analysis The paper ... is the bull (is healthy, as a bull), ... each of the four paragraphs. The ... while the villagers are the beneficiary of the ‘‘attempt’’. The villagers initiate the ...
- ... arithmetic paper, an English paper and ... each will feed a different ocean. The two great rivers of The ... the people ,by the people, for the people” 2. THE CONSTITUTION AND THE BILL RIGHT The Constitution of the ... specialized research. The belief that the future ...