Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Blue Whale Essay, Research Paper
The Blue Whale The blue whale or balaenoperta musclus is the largest animal to ever have lived on
Earth. Whalers have reported this whale to being over 100 feet long and weighing over 150 tons!
The blue whale is a mammal, because it has milk, hair, and the embryo develops in the mothers
womb. The blue whale is a type of baleen whale. The blue whale eats mostly plankton and
crustaceans like krill or copecods. The blue whale is located in the Atlantic Ocean. The smaller
species of the blue whale, known as the pygmy blue whale, live in the Indian Ocean. The reason
this whales population has dropped so dramatically is because of the first whaling expeditions. The
whalers killed thousands of blue whales, and their numbers have been rising very slowly since that
time period. The estimated numbers for the blue whale is at about 7,000 through 13,000, which are
very low and make this animal endangered. Whales are now protected throughout the world by
whale laws because their numbers were so low. In 1946 the International Whale Commissions
(IWC) was set up to put guidelines on whaling nations. Unfortunately, they waited too late for the
blue whale because their numbers were so low. If it wasn’t for the caring people of IWC and other
animal rights activist these gentle animals would probably be extinct. Some interesting facts about
the blue whale is that, their oil was used for perfume, lubrications, soap, and candy. The blue whale
is almost extinct in the northern part of the Atlantic Ocean. To stop this from happening to any
other species of whale, the United States listed a number of whales that included the blue whale, on
endangered species list.
- Bell Curve Essay, Research Paper The Bell Curve : Intelligence and Class Structure ... irrefutable, and the tests replicable. The conclusions? Well, if the arguments of the “politically correct ... for his own technical research), while at the same time being able ...
- Blue Hotel Essay, Research Paper The Blue Hotel Steven Crane is not one of the most liked authors ... baffles not only the Cowboy, but the reader as well. The Easterner does this ...
- Bailey White Essay, Research Paper The Remedy: Southern Humor In Mama ... author. The comical scenes from the small town of Thomasville will not only ... Roger, Ethel has two men lusting after her while another woman has ...
- Whale Essay, Research Paper ?gThe blue whale heart is the size of a small car, the major arteries leading from ... the ... in this research paper. As we knows, whales are one of the most ...
- Blue Whales Essay, Research Paper Abstract The Blue whale is the largest creature of the sea, in fact, it is ... the ...