Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Good versus Evil
The central conflict in this epic is battle brtween good and evil. For years,
Hrothan and his men had feared Grendel’s attack. It looks as if evil was being victorious.
Grendel the monster from the under the world had terrorized Herot and eaten many
Hrothgat’s bravest warriors . The representative of evil delighted in being fear and
missing to those who were good.
Grendel represents evil by being selfish and destroing the creation of God. Since
good always triumphs over evil, Beowoulf the national hero comes to Herot to free the
palace from evil. Beowoulf shows qualities of a hero in all of his actions . He choose,to
battle arm in arm with no weapons with Grendel. He struggle a great deal and finally
pulls Grendel’s shoulder out of a socket.
Just one good deed did not drive away evil threats. Although Grendel died in his
lair, evil threatened Beowoulf and Herot when Grendel’s mother makes an attack to
revenge the death of her son. Again Beowoulf faces danger in order to protect his people.
He dives into the frery waters to battle Grendel’s mother, struggles with her and finally
defeats her with the magical sword.
Representin good, Beowoulf thanked god for protecting him and letting him kill
Grende’smother. After 50 years, Beowoulf fights the fire dragon. Although he is
phisically weak.. Representing good, he stil posses pride , honor and courage . Heis
defeated, fatally wounded.
Beowoulf asks that his body be cremated and a light house build to guide the
sailors and protect the from evil. The ligh house will replace him as a protector of men. In
this way Beowoulf can help men in death just as he had helped them in life. this is a true
display of good.
- Grendel Vs. Grendel Essay, Research Paper Grendel Vs. Grendel In the epic poem Beowulf, Grendel is seen as pure ... a story of the struggle of good versus evil. John Gardner shows that ... they are good, but they are good because of you. Grendel’s evil motivates ...
- Grendel Vs. Beowulf Essay, Research Paper Although Grendel and ... opposition who represent good and evil, in ... victories. Grendel and Beowulf, supposedly a firm portrayal of good vs ... good or evil. When you infiltrate through the character, and discover various ...
- ... 395) revealing to all that Grendel comes from a hellish hole ... one man with ease, Grendel grasped Beowulf and found himself ... of good, thus setting up the ever-exciting battle of god versus ... it was described that Grendel ?snatched the first Geat? drank the blood ...
- Beowulf: Good Vs. Evil Essay, Research Paper Beowulf: Good versus Evil Beowulf is one of ... killing Grendel, set off for Grendel s mother. Thus the theme of good versus evil ... comes up again. The good ...
- Analysis On Beowulf Essay, Research Paper I have just completed the ... Instances like the battle with Grendel’s mother underneath the ocean, ... It was the last good versus evil battle in the work ... work is Beowulf’s conflict against Grendel’s mother. This was a ...