It has been the goal of the Slavs to create a pan-Slav empire,
and unite the slaves which are spread throughout Europe. Some
groups wanted to create the empire in order to get independence
from their country, while others opposed the creation of the
empire because of fear that Russia will become too powerful.
Most of the opposing force came either before or after the big
Pan-Slavism movement. From 1948-1869 we only see opinions
for the creation of a Pan-Slav empire and none opposing at the
time when it was in full impact.
Way before the Slav movement gained a surge of popularity,
Jan Kollar a poet had strong opinions for having the Slavs united.
He said In other nations humanity comes after nationality.
Among the Slavs nationality comes after humanity trying to
show how important it would be for the Slavs to unite. Kollar
who was a romantic poet wanted other Slavs to show their pride
of their nationality.
After Kollar we do not see any pro Slav unity but we see
allot of people speaking against it. In an editorial in
Contemporary Austrian Review we see opposition of Slav unity
because of fear of Russian takeover. It is suggested that the
Austrian s should lead the Slav s and than be able to destroy any
chance of a Russian Pan-Slavism. So they supported Pan-Slavism
but not for the right reasons. Karel Havlicek says that
Nationality is not only determined by language, but also by
customs, religion, form of government, state of education,
sympatheis, etc…. but the Slav nation do not have any of these in
Then in 1848 we start seeing allot activities for Pro-Slav
unity. Bronislaw Trentowski a Polish Intellect wants to unite the
Slavs but first of all have the polish people freed and then liberate
the rest of the Slav nations. We see the same sort of thinking
from many other Slav countries, we ll unite the pan-Slavs so that
we will be able to get our freedom or lead the Slavs so that we can
be in control. In the article written by Nikolay Danilevsky we see
a perfect proof of what I said before. He says Russia must steel
them and itself in the spirit of independence and Pan-Slavic
consciousness so what he is saying is that Russia should be for
Slav unity but they should be in charge.
From my reading I see that the main reason that
Pan-Slavism did not have a chance to happen is because of
selfishness. Every nationality that is a part of the Slavs wanted to
be the one in control this causes disagreements and allows for the
opposing forces to win. I found it to be confusing that there were
no opposition during the time that Pan-Slavism was at full force,
the only opposition is 25 years after the Pan-Slav movement had
it s greatest surge if population. This made it hard for me to
analyze the political and cultural issues for Slavism.
- ... And The Victrian Era Essay, Research Paper Darwin and the Victrian ... species. The new species has “evolved.” It has evolved by the working ... John Dewey remarks in his essay entitled, “The Influence of ... countries in the name of Panslavism, which amounted to sheer ...
- World War I Essay, Research Paper World War I World War I ... particularly noticeable nationalistic movement, Panslavism, figured heavily in the ... to Britain, and later research has proven this to be ... the German government unless it abandoned “its present methods ...
- Causes Of Wwi Essay, Research Paper The Causes and ... particularly noticeable nationalistic movement, Panslavism, figured heavily in the ... to Britain, and later research has proven this to be ... the German government unless it abandoned “its present methods ...
- Pan-SlavismIt has been the goal of the ... seeallot of people speaking against it. In an editorial inContemporary Austrian ... of fear of Russian takeover. It is suggested that theAustrian s should ... theopposing forces to win. I found it to be confusing that there ...
- ... -man1 the most productive. It has almost absolutely productivity. The synonym ... , indicator, radiator. -instrumental meaning -has the meaning of object of ... , pan-European pangrammatist, panlogism, panslavism parachordal, parasternal, paracentral perchloride, ...