Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The General Theory Of Love Essay, Research Paper
Assumptions: 1. All people are of the same quality. 2. All people are constrainted maximizers. 3. One can only stay with an opposite sex at a time.
In this passage I would like to make a hypothesis to explain and predict how long a person will stay with his/her mate. It may be wrong, but it is interesting.
When one stays with his/her mate, he/she forgoes the chance to stay with another opposite sex. If he/she expects he/she can find a better mate, he/she will leave his/her existing mate and go into “market”. But he/she bears a risk that his/her expectation may be wrong – there may not be a better opposite sex available to him/her in “market”.
The higher the risk that his/her expectation may be wrong, the more reluctant to leave his/her existing mate one is. The lower the risk, the lesser reluctant to leave his/her existing mate is. In other words, given a lower risk one will not stay with his/her existing mate long.
You may argue that my hypothesis cannot exactly tell us how long one will stay with his/her mate. But this doesn’t mean my hypothesis is useless. My hypothesis can tell us under what particular cases one will stay with his/her existing mate longer or shorter.
In a society with more females than males, based on my hypothesis we can expect that the male will stay with their mates shorter than the males in another society where males are more than females.
On the other hand we can predict that in a society with an increasing number of males the females will stay with her males shorter and shorter. There are lots more implications.
I have not yet tested my hypothesis. It may be wrong but it is quite interesting.
- General Theory Of Alcoholism Essay, Research Paper There are many theories of alcoholism, and some approaches ... I know? Through the years, I have pieced together a general theory of alcoholism. First, ... to drink and that life without alcohol is somehow ...
- ... Of Government Essay, Research Paper In struggling to determine whether or not the ... theory the American system calls for one vote per person, the low rate of ... the general interest (due to its fragmented structure of ... could live forever the Constitution was ...
- The Frame Structure Of Frankenstein Essay, Research Paper The following essay is concerned with the ... live.” The pattern of stories trying to seduce the listener reoccurs in the ... general qualities. Thus, also the narrators of ... approaches of narrative theory that ...
- Theories Of Patriarchy Essay, Research Paper This is an A grade essay Assess the claim that ... the vote of the General Synod in 1992, the ordination of women in the Church of ... (Eds) (1996). Her Own Life: Autobiographical writings by seventeenth century ...
- Theories Of Aggression Essay, Research Paper Aggression: Theories and Theoretical Solutions I began my research on the topic of violent ... drop. The learning theory of aggression is based upon the traditional psychological model of general learning ...