Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Process Essay : How To Change Essay, Research Paper
How to Change Your Oil
Frequent oil changes are the best preventative maintenance the home mechanic can give the engine, because old oil becomes contaminated and or burnt, which leads to premature engine wear. Performing simple maintenance such as changing the oil can save hundreds of dollars over time, as well as building self-confidence in one s mechanical abilities.
Changing the oil is a simple, but very important process. It involves draining then refilling the oil and changing the oil filter, but before starting one is going to need clean oil and a new oil filter as well as a few hand tools. Depending on what kind of car one has determines exactly what type of filter and oil one needs. Any auto parts store will gladly be of assistance in purchasing the right product for one s vehicle. Also necessary is a drain pan, gloves, oil filter wrench, ratchet, and several assorted size sockets.
Make sure all the necessary tools are available before beginning this procedure. Also have plenty of rags and newspaper handy for mopping up any accidental spills. First, park the vehicle on a level spot. Start and run the engine until it is warm so that the oil and sludge will flow out easily. Next, raise the vehicle and be sure to support it safely on jackstands. Warning: If one does not know how to properly jack up a vehicle be sure to check with the owner s manual, as every vehicle is different.
Now that the vehicle is raised, place the drain pan under the drain plug and remove the plug with the ratchet and socket. Wear gloves to stay clean. Allow the oil to drain until it slows to a drip. Carefully clean the area around the drain plug opening and the plug itself. Install the drain plug back into the oil pan securely.
Loosen the oil filter. Sometimes an oil filter wrench is required because it is installed too tight the time before. As it is removed, immediately turn it up so that any remaining oil will not spill out. Clean the mating surface on the engine, so that the new filter will seal properly. Now, screw the new filter into position and tighten only hand tight. Wipe off any spilled oil on the engine components. Remove all tools and rags from under the vehical and lower it to the ground.
Add the new oil into the oil fill hole making sure to use the proper amount according to the owner s manual. If the oil fill hole is in a hard to reach place, one might need a funnel to prevent spilling oil on the engine. Run the engine for a minute to circulate the oil. While its running, look under the car for leaks. Stop the engine and check the dipstick to check the oil level. If necessary, add oil to bring the level up to the full or max mark.
Congratulations, and give oneself a pat on the back. One has just changed the oil and performed maintenance that will keep a car happy and healthy. Be sure to check the level following a few trips made after an oil change. Make sure that one disposes of the oil in an environmentally friendly way as it is unlawful to throw it away or to dump it out in the back yard. Most auto repair shops and gas stations, normally ok the old oil if it is in a suitable container for transport. This process of changing oil is simple but one of the most neglected. Done on a regular basis it will extend the useable life of any engine, and increase peak performance, economy, and personal safety.
- Process Essay – How To Change A Baby’s Diaper Essay, Research Paper How to Change a Baby?s Diaper As a teenager who ... any other location you choose to change their diaper. Second, you ... very happy. Bibliography This is a process essay I wrote for my English 115 ...
- Process Essay – How To Change A Diaper Essay, Research Paper The Process of Changing a Newborns Diaper You should not ... as you start changing the baby. You are ready to change. Start by ... placing the baby on the changing surface ...
- How To Interview Essay, Research Paper How to interview Interviewing is an art ... it. Communication is also a complex process among differently programmed individuals using ... on quotes and paraphrasing might change the view of the interviewee ...
- How to Change a Flat Tire on a ... . It is a simple process that takes less than half ... while you are changing the tire. To properly set flares, ... you should have four of them. Take each ... to merge. The next step is to begin the tire change. To ...
- How To Manufacture The D Enantiomer Of Phenylaminopropane, And 3,4,Methyl-Ene-Dioxymeth-Phenylaminopropane Essay ... Crystallisation Equipment: Various jars 2L pyrex vessel 2L 2 neck round ... for 2 Hrs in oven, changes to dark brown! ),=to attrack 2 gmol H3O, ...